You ever pinned top gear ~ all the way into redline *

Have you got any paved sections this long?

View attachment 1678921

6C2FD348-DCDF-4F61-B18A-14CCE917BE4D.jpeg

I found a well edited video from the Isle of Man. He went all the way into redline couple of times. Some of camera angles tell the story pretty well...

isn't that the second longest straight road in the world
Quite possibly. I thing there’s longer in Saudi Arabia or over that way. I only know of it as the sign says, longest here.

I’m on a different road, but my door number is over 7,500 and if I turn right out of my gate it’s 550 miles to the end of the road, fortunately my road isn’t straight!

Highway 1 here is a bit over 9,000 miles, basically a lap of the coast.
It’s a popular “to-do” called the Big Lap.

I guess we are a bit like the US, a big country with some big distances.

When I go to see my daughter it’s a 983 miles South.
We had a ride up North, 1,077 miles and we didn’t leave the state.
I did a 795 mile drive to a job site that turned out to be a 30 minute job!
I almost fetched a light truck back from out West but my ex-boss went instead, fly out, drive 2,185 miles home.

Fortunately I love riding and driving a longer distances.

Quite possibly. I thing there’s longer in Saudi Arabia or over that way. I only know of it as the sign says, longest here.

I’m on a different road, but my door number is over 7,500 and if I turn right out of my gate it’s 550 miles to the end of the road, fortunately my road isn’t straight!

Highway 1 here is a bit over 9,000 miles, basically a lap of the coast.
It’s a popular “to-do” called the Big Lap.

I guess we are a bit like the US, a big country with some big distances.

When I go to see my daughter it’s a 983 miles South.
We had a ride up North, 1,077 miles and we didn’t leave the state.
I did a 795 mile drive to a job site that turned out to be a 30 minute job!
I almost fetched a light truck back from out West but my ex-boss went instead, fly out, drive 2,185 miles home.

Fortunately I love riding and driving a longer distances.
I posted this road up on this thread , post #32 , I had got it wrong , I stated it was the longest in the world .....just having another laugh at my mistake . We Aussies have plenty of distance to travel anywhere by road if you wish for sure , but I personally aint up to long time in the saddle no more . Aren't you located in a country region , surrounded by excellent country roads to ride at will ? Just that I was thinking how great that would be , to not have to carve through traffic to get out of built up areas , when I recently run the H2 in .

I posted this road up on this thread , post #32 , I had got it wrong , I stated it was the longest in the world .....just having another laugh at my mistake . We Aussies have plenty of distance to travel anywhere by road if you wish for sure , but I personally aint up to long time in the saddle no more . Aren't you located in a country region , surrounded by excellent country roads to ride at will ? Just that I was thinking how great that would be , to not have to carve through traffic to get out of built up areas , when I recently run the H2 in .
Yeah, I posted this pic recently. A few places I ride. 3 of these are very close to me, one is further away but still countryside all the way.

Yeah, pretty rural, no citys or even traffic lights near me, no Dept Of Transport, local cop sorts registration, transfers, plates etc when the nearest village police station is open.

6FA939CD-43CC-4284-ADF2-8ADE6CFAF82B.jpeg

I would add, this location isn’t quite paradise.

No mains water, no mains gas, no mains sewer, no dustbins, no phone or cable lines, no mail. Nothing is local, I need a new tyre and the store I use is 180k / 100+ miles away. My wife drives over 100+ miles to the office and stays in town for a few days a fortnight.

Good and bad, but suits me fine. Great for bikes, and very peaceful.

I would add, this location isn’t quite paradise.

No mains water, no mains gas, no mains sewer, no dustbins, no phone or cable lines, no mail. Nothing is local, I need a new tyre and the store I use is 180k / 100+ miles away. My wife drives over 100+ miles to the office and stays in town for a few days a fortnight.

Good and bad, but suits me fine. Great for bikes, and very peaceful.
Good place to be by the sounds , even with some adjustment ( especially a soft city slicker such as I would miss ) , the roads and the peace would be so good .

View attachment 1678936

90 MILE section right here , longest straight road in the world bro . From the Sth Oz border onwards into Western Australia , you get the Nullabor desert , and here is this 146 km section of 3000km total road roughly , Adelaide to Perth . The cops sometimes use planes to track your speed between points measured on road .
I would hate to hit one of those little jumping guys you have over there.

You don’t do any off-roading toad? I love watching those guys on DR650s and also all the hilux, land cruisers and off-road trailers they pull. If I lived in that part of the world, I would spend a lot of time playing in the dirt.

This guy I knew asked me if he could go riding with me one time and I agreed. He was about 6’3, 260lbs and owned a gsxr 750. We were cruising at 50mph when I heard him downshift and fly by me. I was like, really?!!! Dropped two gears and I could hear him on the rev limiter as I flew by his side. At around 180 I turned my head a bit to look for him in the mirrors but they had both folded. Haven’t been up there again. I love to feel the grunt taking off, but crazy high speeds isn’t my thing. You all can go ahead and call me a grandma. Lol

I would hate to hit one of those little jumping guys you have over there.
We got the grey roos pretty much everywhere in the surrounding hills that I ride , the bigger reds are usually found further out . Also , Koalas and lots of reptiles cross the roads . I always feel for the poor creatures that get whacked , just trying to survive . And , I try to be vigilant at all times , constantly looking where I want to be on the bike .

You don’t do any off-roading toad? I love watching those guys on DR650s and also all the hilux, land cruisers and off-road trailers they pull. If I lived in that part of the world, I would spend a lot of time playing in the dirt.
I haven't ridden a dirt bike in many years , but started riding on dirtbikes from 4 yo . I also got to ride a mates 2 YZ80 motor x from about 10 yo . When I first got my road bike license , I was still at school , and some of my mates that already left use to hire xr200 and xr250 hondas . We all use to go out to outer harbor and ride the poor bikes into the ground , then patch them up as best we could to get the deposit back, all great memories . I rode a yz490 2 stroke once , and a yz250 same day , and those things were amazing and beyond my ability , but still had fun and arm stretch on sand . That was last ride on dirtbikes , because had a big bike crash at 17 yo and got into diving / spearfishing after that while I still owned road bikes .
I like watching the enduro racing a lot , mainly the European top rider series on my 83 inch oled , both Ma and I watch this , it is amazing , also US and Ozzie Moto x

I haven't ridden a dirt bike in many years , but started riding on dirtbikes from 4 yo . I also got to ride a mates 2 YZ80 motor x from about 10 yo . When I first got my road bike license , I was still at school , and some of my mates that already left use to hire xr200 and xr250 hondas . We all use to go out to outer harbor and ride the poor bikes into the ground , then patch them up as best we could to get the deposit back, all great memories . I rode a yz490 2 stroke once , and a yz250 same day , and those things were amazing and beyond my ability , but still had fun and arm stretch on sand . That was last ride on dirtbikes , because had a big bike crash at 17 yo and got into diving / spearfishing after that while I still owned road bikes .
I like watching the enduro racing a lot , mainly the European top rider series on my 83 inch oled , both Ma and I watch this , it is amazing , also US and Ozzie Moto x
Hi. I kond of live on the woods for around New Engliend. I had a small deer ran into the drivers side of my car no damage. Also on a bike a squral run in front of me and went back left then back again I tried to miss the bugger but hit him anyway. Also had a deer jumt across the 2 lane infront of me while I was on the HD. Also many deer where my dauhhter live to the run in the yard all the time in my yard at my house in MA too. I see coyotes all the time in our yard too. I have been with in 2 feet of one while in my back yard as he was in some bushes and I was on the trail. I also have seen 2 bears in my yard. We also have fisher cats in the deep woods. I have never seen one myself but we hear them at night

Hi. I kond of live on the woods for around New Engliend. I had a small deer ran into the drivers side of my car no damage. Also on a bike a squral run in front of me and went back left then back again I tried to miss the bugger but hit him anyway. Also had a deer jumt across the 2 lane infront of me while I was on the HD. Also many deer where my dauhhter live to the run in the yard all the time in my yard at my house in MA too. I see coyotes all the time in our yard too. I have been with in 2 feet of one while in my back yard as he was in some bushes and I was on the trail. I also have seen 2 bears in my yard. We also have fisher cats in the deep woods. I have never seen one myself but we hear them at night
What about a bigfoot Mike , you or anyone had a visit ? I always am watching the tree line in any Forrest footage . Me and Ol'Ma enjoy some of the many (bloody blurry) youtube vids about all that . We got Yowie sightings in OZ , mostly up east coast , by quite a few people too . When I was growing up , I was only scared of big foot , that was my eldest brothers size 13 ass kicking boot ....:)

What about a bigfoot Mike , you or anyone had a visit ? I always am watching the tree line in any Forrest footage . Me and Ol'Ma enjoy some of the many (bloody blurry) youtube vids about all that . We got Yowie sightings in OZ , mostly up east coast , by quite a few people too . When I was growing up , I was only scared of big foot , that was my eldest brothers size 13 ass kicking boot ....:)
Hi. No I have never seen one not even a foot print. But are they real I do not know. But I have seen a 400 to 600 lb black bear walking on a trail 50 to 80 ft in front of me. I had a 200 lb dog with me. The bare made the dog look like a puppy. I did have my 380 with me but that would just p--s it off. He did turn off the trail andhead to tje swamp. Luckly I guess.

I learned how to ride on a little Honda cub 50 my grandma had in the country when I was 8years old and then was allowed to jump on my cousin’s DT125. Back then we wore no gear and often rode the DT 5kms down to the river wearing swimming trunks and flip flops. I consider myself a mediocre rider on both dirt and street, but would love to have country like you have on that side of the pond close by so I could polish my dirt riding. Florida is all sand.

I learned how to ride on a little Honda cub 50 my grandma had in the country when I was 8years old and then was allowed to jump on my cousin’s DT125. Back then we wore no gear and often rode the DT 5kms down to the river wearing swimming trunks and flip flops. I consider myself a mediocre rider on both dirt and street, but would love to have country like you have on that side of the pond close by so I could polish my dirt riding. Florida is all sand.
Certainly not a bad thing to have some dirt experience , skills added to our roadcraft . We lost a lot of urban ride areas that were close by from the big residential growth . But the bikes also became expensive to own and run , so sport road bikes were always fist choice for me . Great to have your ride meories , when given a ride when young , the bug can stick for life with some of us , for sure .

Back