Ever been fast enough to blow your clothes off (PART TWO)

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
PART ONE >>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/top-speed/150961-ever-been-fast-enough-blow-your-clothes-off.html

ToFas2C (Kevin) ran a 210 pass on his first run this weekend at Maxton, but on a later pass blew his left side fairing off and still crossed at 206. The viewers at the finish line stated that the bike appeared to be a little hmmm shaky and off balance so to speak. :laugh:

and a pic of the electric bike, set a record at (I believe) 108 mph by Ohio State University.

100_1341.jpg

100_1342.jpg

100_1345.jpg

100_1347.jpg

100_1348.jpg

100_1346.jpg

Dayum! If that don't get the heart to pumping your dead!!!

via Tapatalk

Is he running aftermarket side fairings or OEM with the aftermarket nose?

He actually has OEM (but modded) nose and side fairings. He uses the aftermarket scoops and painted the head light black. This picture shows a partially converted bike on race weekend with the slicker fairings. The bike goes back to stock street fairings, tank, etc the day after racing.

Fairings are OEM but have been glassed over to smooth out. Still using all the factory mounting tabs, bolts, snaps, etc

Ripped all the mounting tabs off the fairing side, broken the wind screen, and a couple tears and broken spots in the right (remaining side) fairing when it flexed backwards before leaving the bike.

kevins bike modded fairings.jpg

Going out on a limb hear and making an ASSumption:whistle:I did not stay at a holiday inn last night!:laugh:
It would seem that maybe too much pressure build up inside the fairing with no where to go,so it made its own exit passage-way????

My 2nd experience at loring with nearly stock bodywork(turbo mods,gen 1)was an eye opener.That body work trys to move around alot! Well it is high hurricane speeds afterall.
My gen 2 totally stock the year before showed no attempted movement.

Very nice runs:thumbsup: regardless of the expensive aftermath. Hope he can figure it out, as the body work probably helped out on the one pass.:beerchug:

Back