Ever been fast enough to blow your clothes off~?~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Actually, neither have I...but how about the fairing~?~ :laugh:

Last week I got 15 runs in at Maxton. I've heard of other Gen II's blowing the fairing apart and folding backwards, but...

Nice and tight and passed tech, even had the bottom taped up with Gorilla tape figuring if it ever came apart it would be on the bottom...

After a few runs we noticed the air pressure had built up enough that it separated the top of the side fairing.

Didn't scratch or do any damage, but had to take out 4 mounting bolts to re assemble. Just lucky it didn't bend backwards in the breeze.

Fairing.jpg

Wow, you are a lucky man to have a full set of fairings. That could have turned ugly from the look of things. So what speed does it take to do that to a cowling?

I wonder if somethin isn't separated in the front that,allowed air to get in and do that. Even a,small opening is bad news at Busa speeds...

Droid via Tapatalk

Wow, you are a lucky man to have a full set of fairings. That could have turned ugly from the look of things. So what speed does it take to do that to a cowling?

That was actually only on a 193mph run...been faster with no issues

I wonder if somethin isn't separated in the front that,allowed air to get in and do that. Even a,small opening is bad news at Busa speeds...

Droid via Tapatalk

I believe the way the Gen II is made where the fairing snaps onto the black plastic piece is a little weak. Sometimes I put tape over the seam to keep air out but only used one short piece this time. After I reassembled it, I put 3 pieces across that seam and 1 long piece all the way down the top seam. No more problems.

I have heard they sometimes fold back if they catch the wind...notice the back of the groove didn't come out, just the front

yikes, glad you caught that and it wan't any worse! that could have been a bad surprise at high triple digits!! :beerchug:

sheesh those Gen 2 stink :laugh: I'm just glad that it only popped it out and didn't cause any damage. You don't hav your rad blocked off do you?

On a different note, how was the weekend?? How did things go with pitting and everything?

sheesh those Gen 2 stink :laugh: I'm just glad that it only popped it out and didn't cause any damage. You don't hav your rad blocked off do you?

On a different note, how was the weekend?? How did things go with pitting and everything?

rad is open.

Man, we had a blast. Supposed to be drowning in rain all weekend so the racing population was narrowed down some allowing us to get about 15 runs in each. It only rained at dinner time Sat evening. The track never got wet during running hours so we got to hot lap often.

We had to wait on rescue about 2 hour Sunday morning but other than that no unexpected delays.

Kevin ran 207 on his :thumbsup: (actually 206.8 I believe but I reckon we'll give him that one) :laugh:

that's great. I always tell people there's only ben one or maybe two events at Maxton to ever be a complete rain out.

I'm guessing Kevin's 207 was just motor?

How did things go with the pit loations and everything? Any issues?

rad is open.

Man, we had a blast. Supposed to be drowning in rain all weekend so the racing population was narrowed down some allowing us to get about 15 runs in each. It only rained at dinner time Sat evening. The track never got wet during running hours so we got to hot lap often.

We had to wait on rescue about 2 hour Sunday morning but other than that no unexpected delays.

Kevin ran 207 on his :thumbsup: (actually 206.8 I believe but I reckon we'll give him that one) :laugh:

Kevin never did get the Nitros working properly. Had a leak and bad o ring, fixed that and ran into other ossues with it so while he was attempting to use nitros to get up past 215 it ended up being pretty much all motor.

He had to take the taller gear off since he couldn't use the extra HP.

By the time he got it all pretty much figured out the bottles were empty so...he adjusted the map and went from there.

Actually, neither have I...but how about the fairing~?~ :laugh:

Last week I got 15 runs in at Maxton. I've heard of other Gen II's blowing the fairing apart and folding backwards, but...

Nice and tight and passed tech, even had the bottom taped up with Gorilla tape figuring if it ever came apart it would be on the bottom...

After a few runs we noticed the air pressure had built up enough that it separated the top of the side fairing.

Didn't scratch or do any damage, but had to take out 4 mounting bolts to re assemble. Just lucky it didn't bend backwards in the breeze.

Obviously, you've exceeded the speed limit for the course. Bad Haybusa! :rulez:

:laugh::beerchug:

Obviously, you've exceeded the speed limit for the course. Bad Haybusa! :rulez:

:laugh::beerchug:

Not me,
the speed limit for this standing mile course is held by the infamous Wild Bill Warner at 272mph~!~ :bowdown:

Of course...the smooth TX path led him to 278mph :beerchug:

They run so fast they pull their skins off :whistle:

Back