Ever been fast enough to blow your clothes off~?~

Not me,
the speed limit for this standing mile course is held by the infamous Wild Bill Warner at 272mph~!~ :bowdown:

Of course...the smooth TX path led him to 278mph :beerchug:

That is absolutely amazing if you think about it.

If you think 200mph is fairly fast, let's just give Bill an extra 22mph and we're only doing 2/3 of his speed in the same distance~!~ WOW

If you think 200mph is fairly fast, let's just give Bill an extra 22mph and we're only doing 2/3 of his speed in the same distance~!~ WOW

He's actually ran 278.6 I believe

it's funny you mention this kind of thing. I was chatting with Bill on Saturday. During our conversation he says, "so by the half mile I'm going about 220-230..." ::11 I had to stop Bill in the middle of the conversation and just laugh. There are plenty of guys pushing things to the max for 200 in a mile and he's was so nonchalant about the half mile speeds. :bowdown:

On a different note, how was the weekend?? How did things go with pitting and everything?

I forgot to tell you, I LOVE the new pitting and camping area. It is so nice to be right there next to the AC and cold drinks while waiting in line.

My wife is about 300 feet from me now while waiting for two hours in line instead of a mile away wondering how things are going. If you need something, walk to the trailer...sit in front of the fan for a few and walk back when the line starts moving.

We should have done this a long long time ago~!~

At one time the pits were up there but then the para guys kicked us out and sent us to the finish line. For sure it's more convenient for the racer now. Does you wife like it better watching the starts or the finish line? Do you think there's enough space for a full capacity event?
I forgot to tell you, I LOVE the new pitting and camping area. It is so nice to be right there next to the AC and cold drinks while waiting in line.

My wife is about 300 feet from me now while waiting for two hours in line instead of a mile away wondering how things are going. If you need something, walk to the trailer...sit in front of the fan for a few and walk back when the line starts moving.

We should have done this a long long time ago~!~

At one time the pits were up there but then the para guys kicked us out and sent us to the finish line. For sure it's more convenient for the racer now. Does you wife like it better watching the starts or the finish line? Do you think there's enough space for a full capacity event?

My wife really did not like the idea at first thought until we got there and saw the layout we could park in. I think she came around before we even unhooked the trailer.

After being there for a few years she doesn't go out and pay much attention to the finish line anymore, just listens to the CB announcements coming through the trailer speaker system so the finish line didn't matter to her.

She likes the fact that when lunch is made, we are right there close by and the fact she doesn't have to travel so far to see us.

We had so much fewer than full capacity it would be hard to tell, but there was a LOT of open space at the last event. I think for racers and crew there would probably be plenty, but when the spectators roll in a fill up it might get a bit tight...

Back