You ever pinned top gear ~ all the way into redline *

Ever since i went one tooth down infront, im hitting limiter in 6th on every ride :eek:

Its quite annoying actually

Im gona go one tooth up at the back, hope it makes it better

What are you trying to accomplish?
Higher top speed?
If so, go +1 on the front, or -2 on the rear.
The -1 front has you topping out in the mid 170's mph(have you gps'd your top speed?)
Do you have full exhaust and an ecu flash?
You will need that to exceed the 186mph factory limit.
If you have a 190/50 rear tire, and go to a 190/55, it is like taking 2 teeth off the rear sprocket, or vice versa.

I got my '87 Volvo 240 turbo up to 120 once. Scared the pee out of me...
Yeah Volvos, once were just cars not premium come back to dealership slot machines..

I guess in the car - depends on the brand - it is fairly emotionless going in straight especially now days. I used to visit Munich (Bavaria, which means fine beers and many long parts of limitless autobahn) very often with company cars. At first 100 mph for prolonged time gave the thrill, then it became 120, then after many trips it became 130, then you reach the end of gearing/power vs. physics and the thrill is gone. You were travelling at top speed well over 130, then Porsches just teleported into the rear view mirror and gave you the pass headlight show and they went away like you was doing 90. Even with the newer, more powerful cars, same story on repeated just with different numbers. My fastest was in a premium sedan before the dull era of limited top speed in cars, it was able to maintain 160 in rain with that AWD. Which meant even more top speed in dry conditions, approx. 170-180, but you don't really care as you don't feel poop. I loved to drive, but it went away with this PC (politically correct) world of experience. I have tried many M badged BMWs on an event I loved the M2, maybe one day, with canyon roads, thrill can come back.

If I compare it with bikes, even 100 mph at least twice the thrill on a bike. Well, no surprise as you are sitting on an engine block, without all the PC crap, no seatbelt, no windscreen, no cage, no A/C, no big touchscreen, no massage function in the seat, ...

So even less beans means more thrill.

I recall reading a story of a first timer on the autobahn running somewhere over 100 and seeing a Mercedes sedan with a family inside right behind him. After he let them pass he followed long enough to see they were cruising around 140 mph. Just routine. I had my C6 Vette and my V model Caddy up around 150. At those speeds having very good shocks and tires makes all the difference.

Fair enough. How many humans have gone 150? Just watched a video of a Bugatti something going flat out. Oyy.

I know, I didn’t have any reason either but I too wanted to know what it felt like. After all, I didn’t buy a Harley. :D Think of the rarified occupation F1 or MotoGP pilots have running over 200 mph and down to 60 or so then back to 200, every minute 29 or so, 25 times in a row…in traffic! Think of the concentration and stamina required to do that. For some reason :rolleyes: this reminded me of the Movie Grand Prix with James Garner. The in car sound photography is incredible showing what F1 cars should sound like.:cool:

What are you trying to accomplish ?

Higher top speed ?

:banana:

The -1 front has you topping out in the mid 170's mph(have you gps'd your top speed?)

If you have a 190/50 rear tire, and go to a 190/55, it is like taking 2 teeth off the rear sprocket, or vice versa.

:race:

my Gen 1 has 17 / 39 & I need a 19 front for @PirateDiverJeff *

www.hayabusa.org

Gen 2 chain and sprockets | Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself

I've had my Gen 2 since new, it is a K8 ( 2008 model ) I use it for the occasional bit of commuting, the Sunday blast and a couple of recent European tours, the bikes done 26000 miles and I am still on the original chain and sprockets. I regularly clean and wax the chain and it does not look worn, I...
www.hayabusa.org
www.hayabusa.org

& because your Hayabusa is a Gen 2 model *

Yes , and always use odd numbers *

17 / 41 will work out good too *

Chains are always even *

It will go faster now *

With 17 / 41 on *

Red , *<(;{)-

:fire:

IMG_0097.jpeg
:banana:

Last edited:
I e topped out a supra in 5th with a 8600rpm and a 28" tire. Definitely the fastest I've ever gone on the ground.
I ran the turbo booza to the limiter many times I wanna say it was getting 208 on gps with the gearing and the revlimit I had on it. Pretty sure 208 is the fastest I've gone on gps on a bike

Found an old video of it. For those of you who remember high hp Supras and roll racing this was Tags old car. The black car is a super known car from back in the day. Car was from Houston and dominated the streets for many years. About 2007-2008 I was at tx2k and watched this car absolutely smack a turbo and nitrous busa from a roll. And from then on I knew that the cars ruled the streets in Texas.

On this video I put about 40 busses on the supra. The car was making around 1100 iirc. But when Tag owned it he would turn it up on VP import with nitrous making 14-1500 wheel. This car was definitely not on kill when I raced it. Also Tag is THE wheelman when it comes to 6 speed racing.

Glory days lol. I'm in the silver Supra at the very beginning of the video. I had zero idea this video even existed

The red turbo gen1 was owned by a dude named Rob from Houston. It very well could have been everyone's best bud lol he did own a shop back in 2007-2008. The nitrous bike was being ridden by a black dude you g as all heck I remember. Probably 15-17 years old. It was a blue "grudge" bike. They unloaded it off the enclosed on i10 and we all got down racing and they loaded back up and that was the last I saw of them.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Higher top speed?
i like the grunt of the 17 in front, i want more topend though.
i have not gps'd my speed
ive got yoshi end can with decat (standard headers), no ecu flash

i want to keep the 17 in front coz i like how it accelerates but im hitting limiter in 6th way to quick for my riding style.

Most of my bikes have been run out in 6th, I have a few spots out West where the roads are pretty good but rarely used. This is just before my braking point heading the opposite way to the bikes direction. I normally do a sighting run first to check for dead Roo’s or other road kill, them run it to the stop heading the opposite way. H2 SX SE went OK but with temps up in the high 30’s C / 100 F chucked out a surprising amount of heat, way more than my Busa’s.

87440770-0837-43E9-B960-059C5227293A.png

i like the grunt of the 17 in front, i want more topend though.
i have not gps'd my speed
ive got yoshi end can with decat (standard headers), no ecu flash

i want to keep the 17 in front coz i like how it accelerates but im hitting limiter in 6th way to quick for my riding style.

A set of velocity stacks and an ecu flash will gain almost a thousand rpm.
The flash by itself accounts for about a quarter to third of those extra revs, just by raising the electronic limiter, and the stacks then allow the rpm's to go higher and approach the new rev limiter(and without 6th gears's 186 limit).
You get a few extra hp through the higher revs, and enough revs to make the pull to redline take longer, and likely a few mph, depending how far the new redline is from the gearing's mechanical limits.
Those 2 things are very easy, as the ecu can be mailed, and velocity stacks swap out with a few bolts.
You can also play with the gearing some, between where you are now, and stock.
The -1 front sprocket equals about a +2.5-2.7 on the rear, so you could use the stock front and a +1, or even a +2 rear, as a +3 rear is the closest in feel to the -1 that you will get.
So changing to one of these could help, and would pair well with velocity stacks and an ecu flash.
Your next option is more involved, as you would need gen2 cams or better yet Yoshimura cams to get the most out of the gearing that you have.
A full exhaust would be needed to get the most from cams, and would work well with the velocity stacks and an ecu flash.
The cams would rev higher, and make more higher rpm hp and peak hp, what you need up top, as the faster that you go, the harder it becomes to continue to go faster.
Of course we are ultimately limited by the overall gear ratio, regardless if you put a thousand hp engine in it, but your engine has some revs left in it, and it should be enough to do what you're looking for.

Back