yoshimura slip-on fitting issue with shifter

busa clubslinger

Registered
Hello fellow screamers, I installed yoshimura R-77s on my orange (the fast color) '08 busa. I've come to realize that the bottom of the shifter linkage is now rubbing on the top of the slip-on due to reduced clearance between the pipe and the bottom of the shifter linkage. Anyone run in to this problem? And if so, how did you resolve it? :banghead::banghead:

Is this with factory or aftermarket rearsets? Check to make sure everything is torqued down. These pipes are new I take it but check to see if it might be bent.

zjoker and routemanj, I checked my mounting and can't see any issues with it. But the clearance is an issue, the linkage is touching the exhaust on downshift. Can you somehow take a close up pic of your set-up so I can see if I'm doing anything wrong? This is friggin' frustrating, thanks!! ???

Mine is a 2008 with R-77 slip-ons. Hope this helps.
100_0817.jpg

100_0818.jpg

100_0817.jpg

100_0818.jpg

You may be able to loosen the bolt and twist the slipon abit. Since the pipe isn't a straight pipe, it "could" give you enough to clear.

If you remember the factory exhaust has the pipe indent for the linkage to clear. I remember when my wife bought her 08 home I saw that dent and asked "um, is it supposed to look like that?" Would it be advisable to take a ball hammer to your new exhaust to do the same thing? I would hope not IMO

Yet another reason I am hunting for a full exhaust. I wear a size 15 shoe and if I adjust the shifter for my best feel on down shifts the rubber boot covering the pivot just barely touches the M4, sorry for your troubles bro, I hope you can get it adjusted to not touch.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah sleeperbusa, twisting isn't an option, tried that. When you install these slip-ons you drill a hole where the pipe and header connect and install a pin to keep it from twisting. And yeah MattB600 there is an indention in the OEM exhaust for that reason now that I look at them. I actually thought about adjusting the rear set way up and then cutting/angling/welding the shifter down to make it comfy but the more I think about it a quick careful shot with a ball hammer may do the trick! I'll keep you posted.
:beerchug:

Tell ya what.
If you swing the hammer, try this.
Don't do a direct blow to the pipe.
If your aim is slightly off, you have 2 dents, or something of that sort.
Get something solid, even another hammer,place it where you want the dent, and strike that object instead of a direct blow to the pipe.
Get someone that trusts you to hold the other object. :laugh:

Installed them about 3 months after getting the bike, so 18 months or so I guess. Why? You think maybe they changed the design?

I will post a couple of pictures later today.

Yet another reason I am hunting for a full exhaust. I wear a size 15 shoe and if I adjust the shifter for my best feel on down shifts the rubber boot covering the pivot just barely touches the M4, sorry for your troubles bro, I hope you can get it adjusted to not touch.
Posted via Mobile Device

SIZE 15 SHOE:bowdown: At leat we know you didn't by a Busa because you're compensating :whistle:

Back