Adjusting shifter with slip on exhausts???

Greenbean

Registered
Here goes,

I have an 08 Busa, love it, never turning back. BTW I have satin black powder coated hardware to be installed within a week...:laugh:
IMG_0602.jpg

Now I removed the factory ballast weights "mufflers" to get some weight off and to buy me some time till I decide on a permanent exhaust I installed a set of Hot Bodies tips, VERY loud, I kind of like that part however I can't adjust my shifter down where I need it. I am 6'4" tall and wear a size 15 shoe.

I was leaning towards the Two Bros slip ons in carbon because I can easily coat the parts I want black and I like the deeper sound over the R77's. I have read a few guys are having trouble and can't adjust thier shifter down where they need it to be.

I am also leaning towards the M4 retro-drag slip ons also, I think they are the look I am going for but if I can't adjust my shifter then nevermind.

Now I know you guys are going to slam me and recommend a full pipe, that way I have no exhaust on the left side but I would prefer to keep the duals if I can.

Thanks a bunch fellas, :beerchug:

:brave:

It's your bike, do as you will and I agree, the duals do look better. Tha'ts why I have the Ti-Force Dual system with the Pingel electric shifter... no problems.....:laugh: Oh, and the same color bike.......:beerchug:

What windscreen is that? Looks like a double bubble something-something. :thumbsup:

It not just the pipes that will be the issue, ultimately, you will hit the kickstand, its a compromise you have to adjust to....

where the cat attaches to the bottom of the bike you can add like 3 washers between the cat and the bracket and it will drop your exhaust a little so you can adjust your shifter. plus you an add washers to the back side of your kickstand so it doesn't touch your exhaust... one washer on the front mount and two washers on the rear mount of the kick stand... hope this helps...

where the cat attaches to the bottom of the bike you can add like 3 washers between the cat and the bracket and it will drop your exhaust a little so you can adjust your shifter. plus you an add washers to the back side of your kickstand so it doesn't touch your exhaust... one washer on the front mount and two washers on the rear mount of the kick stand... hope this helps...

Lol...

I have done this...:thumbsup:

Back