warning if your going to buy two-bro's slip-ons

tourbus

Registered
just letting potential 2-bro's buyer's know that you cannot adjust your shifter (lower that is) if you use there slip-ons. i installed mine and adjusted the shifter (which was a mile high from the factory) lower to fit me & my riding boots (alpine stars), well last monday i played hookey and went riding and right off the bat i had a problem with the shift rod ball/pivot coming in contact with the two bro's mid pipe,i loosened the adjusting rod and adjusted shifter waaay up so i could ride. fast forward to today and my pop and i installed his two-bro slip-ons and guess what? you guessed it, it hits to. we got looking at the stock exhaust and sure enough there is a nice big indention in the mid pipe so the shift linkage doesnt hit the damn mid-pipe. i called 2-bro's and they claim that there test bike didnt do it so there's nothing wrong B.S look at the stock exhaust and it will tell you they need to have a recess if you want to adjust your shifter. BTW IM PISSED!!!!!! thanks for listening

Yoshi R-22's carbons was the route I took. Quite happy with quality and function, sorry to hear of your challenges. Perhaps a ballpin hammer will due the trick??

Busa_rear_no_plate__.JPG

you'll laugh but that is the route we are going to take, we are going to use an air chisel and memic the indention on the stock exhaust. this is without a doubt a design flaw on two-bro's part and they are not willing to address it. they say we must be doing it wrong and they are full of sh*t!!!!!!,its a very simple and straight forward install with no guess work. i without a doubt (pop to) will never purchase there products again

Just sand down the soles real far on the front of your riding boots!
cool.gif
rofl.gif
ya two-bro's will probably acuse the riding boots and not there exhaust,i'm pretty hot over this,they more or less said there was nowaaay there was a problem with there exhaust and that we installed it wrong. whatever

cool.gif
rofl.gif
ya two-bro's will probably acuse the riding boots and not there exhaust,i'm pretty hot over this,they more or less said there was nowaaay there was a problem with there exhaust and that we installed it wrong. whatever
If you're that angry about it, why not send them back?

Just curious.

No sense getting all agro about it; if you return them, it'll definitely send the necessary message to the mfgr.

cool.gif
rofl.gif
If you're that angry about it, why not send them back?

Just curious.

No sense getting all agro about it; if you return them, it'll definitely send the necessary message to the mfgr.
i tried that route with two bro's and i was told that there was no problem with the exhaust and that we installed them wrong on both bikes. i called pipecity yesterday (nicely) where we bought our exhaust and ron the owner told me that i would have to take that up with the mfg'er because he is not liable for design flaws. I've been really cool/patient up until now. the exhaust look and sound nice but i shouldnt have to loose adjustability of the shifter. to top it off we spent $600 (apiece) hard earned clams for these too.

I just installed my set of Two Bro's, but I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I measured and it looks like there's about one-half inch clearance between the midpipe and the shift. I guess I'll have to wait to try it out.

I would suggest heating the area white hot that is to be indented and applying a steady force to bend the area affected and not the use of a air hammer or air chisel. you dont want to ruin the new exhaust you just bought

I would suggest heating the area white hot that is to be indented and applying a steady force to bend the area affected and not the use of a air hammer or air chisel. you dont want to ruin the new exhaust you just bought
We have for a lot of years used round ball end punches on air chisels to "dent" exhaust tubing around bolts or other obstructions..

Heating the pipe to "white" will destroy the pipe without a doubt... don't do it...

I would hesitate to heat the pipe at all.. if for some reason heat is needed, dull red is plenty IMO

you will only destroy the metals composition if you heat too quickly or quench it after its hot just let it air cool and everything will be fine . I too have experience with custom exhaust fabrication and my method has been doing quite fine for 28 years.. but to each his own there is always going to be many ways to get to the same result ...

thanks for the reply's fellas,i guess maybe im wrong but why wouldnt the mfg see the stock slip-on and note that there is a big "dent" in it so the shift linkage wouldnt hit,two bro's acts like i'm a complete moron for mentioning this but whatever i guess, i'll have to do a little massaging on my expensive exhaust.

I work in auto parts retail and they who sold them have to take them back and give back your money. If you let them get away with it, they will. Be hard dude.

Hmm, funny I'm not having this same problem? I have over 1000 miles on my busa and the brothers slip ons. I had them installed at the dealer when I picked up my bike...

Send them back and order the Yosh R22 set. It sounds great without being too loud. They will help your Busa loose 20lbs.

just letting potential 2-bro's buyer's know that you cannot adjust your shifter (lower that is) if you use there slip-ons. i installed mine and adjusted the shifter (which was a mile high from the factory) lower to fit me & my riding boots (alpine stars), well last monday i played hookey and went riding and right off the bat i had a problem with the shift rod ball/pivot coming in contact with the two bro's mid pipe,i loosened the adjusting rod and adjusted shifter waaay up so i could ride. fast forward to today and my pop and i installed his two-bro slip-ons and guess what? you guessed it, it hits to. we got looking at the stock exhaust and sure enough there is a nice big indention in the mid pipe so the shift linkage doesnt hit the damn mid-pipe. i called 2-bro's and they claim that there test bike didnt do it so there's nothing wrong B.S look at the stock exhaust and it will tell you they need to have a recess if you want to adjust your shifter. BTW IM PISSED!!!!!! thanks for listening
Unfortunately in this world, alot of times aftermarket stuff never seems to fit like it should. If everything fit like stock I'd be the happiest man alive. But usually you gotta use some ingenuity to make stuff work
wowold.gif
sadnews.gif
.......at least you know what not to buy next time. Hope you can get them to work for you
winkold.gif

ohh dude that sucks i would be on a rampage on two brothers give us the customer service # if we all call and ***** enough we could get this fixed

I have them on mine and dont have any trouble at all. Maybe you can ajust them around a little. I did notice i could move mine some when i put them on. Juat a thought, Doug

P6040047RS.jpg

did tourbus install on an '08 model or a previous year model? Im thinkin about gettin the shorty set for my 02, but definately dont want to risk a problem on such a higher priced mod.

Back