Looking For Some Slip Ons

Ham

Registered
I'm looking for some good sounding slip ons. I before anyone says why not get a full exhaust, Because i am not chasing horsepower. My bike is plenty fine for me thank you.

I'm not one of those guys who will add all the performance mods and never use the bike to its full potential.

I am leaning towards the M4 retro slip ons and if anyone has any experience with them drop some info.

All others...well you are in tilted to your opinion.

I was happy with the sound of my yoshimura slipons when I had them. I understand you not needing extra hp, truth be told 90% of us on here don't use the power we have, but there are other advantages to a full exhaust. Less heat, less weight, better sound (IMO). Just some food for thought. If you think you will ever be interested in a full exhaust, now is the time to do it before you make the same mistake many of us have. The full system is only a couple hundred more.

The M4 does look cool though. Best of luck with search and decision.

I like the m4 as well. I wouldnt bother with full exhaust either if you have no intentions of performance.

I have a set of voodoo slip ons in perfect shape $125 plus shipping. if you are interested shoot me a call or text 2673077749. im rarely on here!

Full exhaust is more than just power BTW. First is the heat from the Cats, full exhaust gets rid of that. Maybe you haven't ridden in the full summer heat yet but those Cats get really hot on the feet! Also, the engine runs much better without the cats choking it out. Revs quicker and smoother - basically feels like the bike wakes up. You really only get 10-15 hp on top from the full exhaust - not much when you start with 175 or so but the way the bike feels is definitely worth it. Of course there is nothing like the wail of a Hayabusa with full exhaust at WOT! When they put mine on the dyno at Redline Performance (a Ducati Dealer no less!) it sounded like they had a seriously pissed werewolf trapped in the dyno shed, everyone in the dealership was looking around and asking what the hell was that?

Full exhaust is more than just power BTW. First is the heat from the Cats, full exhaust gets rid of that. Maybe you haven't ridden in the full summer heat yet but those Cats get really hot on the feet! Also, the engine runs much better without the cats choking it out. Revs quicker and smoother - basically feels like the bike wakes up. You really only get 10-15 hp on top from the full exhaust - not much when you start with 175 or so but the way the bike feels is definitely worth it. Of course there is nothing like the wail of a Hayabusa with full exhaust at WOT! When they put mine on the dyno at Redline Performance (a Ducati Dealer no less!) it sounded like they had a seriously pissed werewolf trapped in the dyno shed, everyone in the dealership was looking around and asking what the hell was that?
What do u have

Yoshi full exhaust with R-77 carbon fiber can (single). Personally the Brocks is the best for power and volume, but the Yoshi is the perfect combination of quiet until you roll the throttle on.

Have a set of almost new Akropovic carbons, very light mellow tone. Bike has 1250 miles not sure when previous owner installed but almost new excellent condition. Would keep but turbo doesn't need them.

What I did was I brought some second hand slip on s knowing in the future I will get a full system just doing my research now properly end up with a Brocks or a Akropovic :thumbsup:

Have a set of almost new Akropovic carbons, very light mellow tone. Bike has 1250 miles not sure when previous owner installed but almost new excellent condition. Would keep but turbo doesn't need them.

Hey Sputter...are you looking to sell those Akras?

I have a set of two brothers carbon fiber slip ons I'll be selling quickly. If you want to see a pic of them I just posted a thread in the 1/4 mile forum

I'm like the OP, I don't care much about HP. The real reason I did a full exhaust is because I wanted 4-2-1 so I could run a stock titanium GSXR1K muffler. IMO, it's the perfect sound for these bikes and it has a bonus of more HP, less heat, etc.

Here's a sound clip, though recording from my phone (LG G3 at the time) doesn't do it justice.

And picture before I built my house/shop
IMG_1169.jpg

Back