problem with two-brother's m-2 slip-ons

tourbus

Registered
hi its snowing again
puke.gif
anyhoo i just bought/installed the two-brother's m-2 slip-ons on my 08 busa and went riding yesterday and right off the bat had a problem,it down shifted weird, after a minute or to of inspecting things i noticed the little ball(for the shift linkage) just under the foot peg had the rubber melted on it,well come to find out its making contact with the mid-pipe on down shifts, so i loosed up the 2-bro's v.a.l.e. system l.o.l and tried to reposition the mid-pipe but couldnt make any drastic changes,so i loosened up the shift rod nuts and moved the shifter up so it wouldnt make contact, but the dang shifter is so high now its hard to upshift. of course i called two bro's and they have NEVER heard of this. i did notice the stock mufflers mid-pipe has a nice indention right where it would make contact with the shift mechanism. is there anybody else with aftermarket slip-ons having this problem?

pics? was the system a full or slip ons? u may have them mounted on the wrong sides the cans or elbows upside down, wrong sides? pics would help
lurk.gif

Sorry just saw where u said slip ons pics would help

I have them on mine and have had no trouble at all. I will try to get you a pic so maybe you can see if something is wrong. Mine is nowhere near the shifter as i recall. Sorry

Back