Yoshimura R77 Slip Ons vs Full System Sound?

The_One_K9

Registered
Hey fellas, new to this forum.

Purchased a clean silver K9 Hayabusa with 3300 miles with a K&N air filter, Brock's Alienhead and PCV. No other mods. Stock exhaust minus O2 sensor came with bike.

I'm looking to sell my mint Brock's and buy a R77 for sound purposes only.

Can't make up my mind between the slip on vs full especially since they're both around the same price. (I know the R77 with require a PCV flash so that's extra).

Youtube sucks for understanding sound intensity and most people record their bikes in a garage which makes it sound much different.

The non-Yoshi slip on bikes I've heard have a great rumble at idle, but sound a little too muffled for me at higher RPM.

Haven't heard the full Yoshi exhaust yet, but since the canister is larger and further back, I would think it's quieter compared with the Alienhead. I don't care about the power difference. I just want to know how much quieter it is.

1) Does anybody have a R77 in the SoCal area for me to check out?

2) Has anybody gone from a AH to R77 full? How do they compare?

3) I know this isn't the right forum for this, but LMK if you're interested in buying the AH.

4) I brought the entire bike with me when I moved here from OH. Has a OH title and plates. I think I need to bring it to the DMV for them to inspect the VIN and mileage. Will they check for exhaust CARB compliance? Should I have stock exhaust on when I go there?

5) Know if the R77 full system deletes the O2 sesnor?

6) Anybody have a low-mileage O2 sensor I could buy? Price shipped to 92835 and state mileage on it.

- Thanks

The R77 slipons are pretty quiet frankly. That's what I went to first on my Silver 09. The R77 full system is a bit louder but much quieter than the Brocks (I have compared them side by side). The guy with Brocks rode behind me and I could hear his bike over mine! The R77 full system comes to life around 6-7K rpm, and it then sounds like a GP bike - kind of a throaty scream. I was once doing a high speed run in the woods and a friend that lives about a mile away said it sounded like a huge wolf howling in the woods! Frankly though, down low it sounds pretty much like the slipons, maybe a bit louder and more hollow. The full system comes with a bung for the O2 sensor and I think it is the larger one for the wideband O2 sensor. I put the sensor in and wired it to the AutoTune module, but later turned it off in the ECU. Blocking the PAIR or turning that off in the ECU is a must too, as I got a lot of popping with the full exhaust prior to shutting off the PAIR system. The R77 full exhaust gives you a smooth powerband with a nice punch on top. Engine response is much improved and the engine feels more effortless, sort of like it was choking with the OEM exhaust. If you add the full system, raise the rev limit to 11.000 prior to dyno tuning, there are some ponies up there your tuner can get to and there is little chance of damage.

I must say the Brock's is a top shelf exhaust for the Busa. If I already had it installed and running I'm not sure I would go to the effort to switch to anything other than a Brock's CT titanium or Akroprovic (spelling?). But I suppose yours is the only opinion that counts in this situation! Good luck on you new Busa, it will never stop amazing you!

Edit: I got about 8-9 hp with the R77 full & a K&N filter. I think I'm at 181 hp. I have seen dyno runs that are in the mid-180's and my run was in the heat of Aug. so that hurt it a bit.

im in san diego, and yes the R-77's are a more comfortable (as far as sounds go) compare to brocks. I had the same issues last month or two ago were I replaced my R-22 with the R-77 slip ons and not only do I like the asymmetrical looks but the sounds are much more enjoyable. the Full R-77 is just a bit quieter that my Full system Akrapovic I had. I know switch between the R-22 Bligs, R-77 CF and the shorty hotbodies pipes just for looks and short trips....

I've Yoshi TRC's and the twin slip ons without db killers is a loud as i'd want on a long run.....quiet compared to most systems but the deep note can give me ear ache.
Never had to touch the fueling and the engine does pull better throughout the range with if anything better mpg.

Back