Yesterday's Tornado

Mr Brown

Registered
I live in Harrisburg, IL. Yesterday morning a few minutes before 5 we were woken by the tornado sirens. An EF4 plowed a path about 600 yards wide and 7 miles long. It passed 4 blocks from our house, but my family and property are totally fine. It ended up killing 6 and injuring at least 100. We got power back early this evening. My better half took a few pics while we helped clean up yesterday morning. I was utterly stunned by the damage.

HBGTOR1.jpg

HBGTOR2.jpg

HBGTOR3.jpg

HBGTOR4.jpg

HBGTOR5.jpg

HBGTOR6.jpg

We are preparing for more severe weather coming tomorrow, and to top it off apparently those westboro church people are planning on protesting at the funerals of those that the tornado killed. That won't end well.

So glad y'all are ok. You and yours are in our thoughts and our best wishes are with you!:please:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Glad you are ok. The sheer power of a tornado is amazing. It is crazy to think how close you can be to something and our house not show any damage.

There are houses on one side of the street with no damage, and a complete wreck on the other. The randomness of a tornado is what amazes me. It looks like God Himself drove a dozer across town with a 600' wide blade skimming the ground. The line of its path is that defined.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

wat an awesome power. if I lived in a tornado zone I would definately have one of them safe house pods in the ground for shelter. but then again Indiana isnt really considered a Tornado area tho is it?

glad you and the fam are ok brother, my prayers to the families involved. this sucks.

wat an awesome power. if I lived in a tornado zone I would definately have one of them safe house pods in the ground for shelter. but then again Indiana isnt really considered a Tornado area tho is it?
We're not in tornado alley, but where I live has strange weather. We had an "inland hurricane" 3 years ago, May 2009 Southern Midwest derecho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and we often get violent thunderstorms due to cold air from the north and warm wet air from the gulf running into each other. When we can afford to get our house built, it will have a concrete safe room in the center of the basement. Until then, we hope, pray and make sure the insurance is paid....

Glad to hear you and your family are OK....

And its real good to see people coming together and helping each other out when others are in need !!!

Prayers going out to the families that lost there homes and loved ones:please:

Glad your ok.
Condolences sent for people who died or got injured, and their family's, and people who lost their homes.

truely scary things they are...been there done that...glad you safe and prayers for those lost.

I have seen the power and devastation a tornado leaves in its path. It is truly amazing. My prayers go out to all who were affected by this force of nature

Thats pure carnage from what i can see in the pictures. Glad you and your family are doing well. Stay safe.

Glad you guys are ok, those things are nasty, but here in Oklahoma we deal with them yearly. I can tell you I will never move to Moore Oklahoma.

That is too close for comfort...I'm so glad it spared your family and property! Tornados are indiscriminant killers and it is amazing to see one house just gone, while the one right next to it stands untouched.

I hear more bad weather is in store, so stay safe J!!

Glad you're alright. Prayers sent to the families that lost loved ones :please:

I called you first thing that morning, but got no answer. Texted you later and got your message, glad you and yours are OK.

I really would love to drive by the Westboro church people with a paintball gun:lol:

Back