Back to regularly scheduled programming-Offline yesterday

Takeuon

Registered
Ok,

Well...guess I'll be the one to express myself & put it out there.....

So I logged in this morning expecting to see quite a few threads regarding Captain's decision to shut down the site yesterday. And to my surprise...nothing.
Am I the only one that found that to be quite a reality check!?? I went to post a thread yesterday and as I clicked submit...the pop-up with the explanation came up. As i read it and agreed with what was written...it made me upset at the same time. Not at the decision to shut the site down, but regarding the actions that brought it to that.

I have only been a member on here a few months now, but my passion for this site grows by the day. I stay logged in all day while at work and have come to find the .org as a place to get a quick break from the office monotony. As well to stay in touch with friends I have made since joining.
Once I realized the seriousness of the decision to shut down the site ....I actually felt an "emptiness" Like a life line between me and the cyber world that is the.org I have so come to enjoy... was just gone.
Kinda strange? Maybe :laugh: But you get my point right? Anyone else get a weird sense when this happened?
I guess what I'm trying to say is ,... I know very little about what caused that choice to be made. And to be honest, I don't care.
What I do care about is making sure to do my part so that is does not happen again. Be respectful of others and try to keep up the best integrity motorcycle forum on the net!
This is WAY to resourceful of a site, for the passion we all share, which is the BUSA to damage accessibility to that shared knowledge.

Make friends, share experiences, talk about life. I truly hope moving forward we do not have to feel like we are walking on eggshells around here. You should be allowed to express yourself. (i.e. this post) But keep that drama crap to yourself! To many of us enjoy this site to have that happen again.
I apologize for a lengthy post. It was just how I truly felt.

Keep up the great work Captain! And thank you to all the admins & mods. :thumbsup:

Rant over

I think it was a good reality check that with just a click, this wonderful place can be gone. It doesn't really need to be harped on. What's done is done and we can only grow from there.
But yes, last night I was lost without being able to get on. I use coming here to get away from it all and relax a bit.

I had that same odd sense of disconnection. I figured it was best for everyone to take a collective breath and things will work themselves out. These are hard economic times for a lot of people and maybe some of the frustration is showing up here in the .oRg.

thank you!

ok,

well...guess i'll be the one to express myself & put it out there.....

So i logged in this morning expecting to see quite a few threads regarding captain's decision to shut down the site yesterday. And to my surprise...nothing.
Am i the only one that found that to be quite a reality check!?? I went to post a thread yesterday and as i clicked submit...the pop-up with the explanation came up. As i read it and agreed with what was written...it made me upset at the same time. Not at the decision to shut the site down, but regarding the actions that brought it to that.

I have only been a member on here a few months now, but my passion for this site grows by the day. I stay logged in all day while at work and have come to find the .org as a place to get a quick break from the office monotony. As well to stay in touch with friends i have made since joining.
Once i realized the seriousness of the decision to shut down the site ....i actually felt an "emptiness" like a life line between me and the cyber world that is the.org i have so come to enjoy... Was just gone.
Kinda strange? Maybe :laugh: But you get my point right? Anyone else get a weird sense when this happened?
I guess what i'm trying to say is ,... I know very little about what caused that choice to be made. And to be honest, i don't care.
What i do care about is making sure to do my part so that is does not happen again. Be respectful of others and try to keep up the best integrity motorcycle forum on the net!
This is way to resourceful of a site, for the passion we all share, which is the busa to damage accessibility to that shared knowledge.

Make friends, share experiences, talk about life. I truly hope moving forward we do not have to feel like we are walking on eggshells around here. You should be allowed to express yourself. (i.e. This post) but keep that drama crap to yourself! To many of us enjoy this site to have that happen again.
I apologize for a lengthy post. It was just how i truly felt.

Keep up the great work captain! And thank you to all the admins & mods. :thumbsup:

Rant over

We all need a Time Out once in a while.
I for one am refreshed! :thumbsup:

I refuse to relive black wednesday..and now I go on to happy thursday...I feel bad for any potential new membors who may have came here for help when needed and help wasnt here....

I played more CoD4 :whistle: It did suck that the board was down tho...

Happens every couple years . If everyone just reads the:rulez: we could all get along

Yesterday stunk, but a few months ago when we were down for a week while the board was switching servers, or something technical or computery; a lot of us were seeking detox facilities. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i love this site. am on it 24/7, even in my sleep :whistle:
but seriously, i dont know what drama led to the shut down of the site. i dont care cos i stay away from the that BS. rather than shut the site down cos of a few pple, i was thinking Captain shud have addressed the folks causing the drama? am sure if he can shut the site down, he can disable members' accounts and let the happy crowd post on.

I missed the shut down.

I'm glad.

Carry on! :D

--Wag--

Back