Interrupting our regularly scheduled program

smile.gif
Wow a topic that doesn't suck... Though it is all "Washed up" I guess.. Very Nice...

Thanks M, I'm Digging em'

A snowflake eel...I had one of these guys too; about 10 inches long. He got very used to coming out whenever he saw me grab the tongs. I fed him frozen fish to keep him from eating the smaller fish in my tank...he started having strokes or something and eventually died...kind of miss him...

fish_snowflake_eel.jpg

These fish are just funny!

Blow fish...not poisonous to touch...just to eat! Tell the Japanese!!!
laugh.gif

fish_blowfish2.jpg

A Regal Blue Tang...member of the "surgeon fish" family; named for the spear it has at the base of it's tail (you can barely see it)

Also known as "Dory" to all "Finding Nemo" fans...
tounge.gif

fish_hippotang2.jpg

Another surgeon fish; one of my favorites and I currently have one that thinks his tank mate finds him quite sexy...he spends far too much time grooming a corner of the tank where the green star polyp coral is, and keeps trying to sweep the other tang off her fins...problem is that her is more than likely a "him", so I have gay fish...
smile.gif

Yellow Tang...you can see the spear in this pic...it's white...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "can't spell..."|1091651712 -->

fish_yellowtang.jpg

Here's the other tang I have...

Yellow-eyed tang...genius names, I know!

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091651460 -->

fish_yellow_eyed_tang.jpg

One for the road...I'll post more tomorrow if anyone's interested...sorry to the guys on dial-up!

Doing my part to culture you guys!
laugh.gif
smile.gif

National Geographic 'Shell, signing off...

x.jpg

Wow! no kiddin. I had a 300 gallon reef tank when I lived in Jacksonville Florida. I hardly ever watched TV. The Navy felt they needed to send me to the Gulf and low and behold, my roomate failed to be able to keep any of it alive. I cried when I returned but it really wasn't her fault. Boy does this bring back memories. I did buy a piece of coral with a Fire Worm in it. I didn't want the worm and he killed a lot of my fish. It took me weeks to catch him and kill him. It was me against the worm and I finally won but man did he do damage.

I like the pics Michelle ... thanks for the change of pace ... very interesting pics indeed
smile.gif

Now on a serious note.
wink.gif

Nice thread, 'chelle. Those pics are beautiful! Someone done some excellent photography of some wonderful creatures.
super.gif

A snowflake eel...I had one of these guys too; about 10 inches long. He got very used to coming out whenever he saw me grab the tongs. I fed him frozen fish to keep him from eating the smaller fish in my tank...he started having strokes or something and eventually died...kind of miss him...
my wife has one too
i keep in my pants for her
blush.gif

had to make that joke!

very nice pictures. How about a pic of the tank??? One of these days I will have a nice tank.

Back