What is a guy to do & apology to some

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
First off, I need to apologize to several members here for a picture that was sent out from my cell phone on Saturday evening. The X-girlfriend and I went out for a few drinks, which turned into several/ multiple..... lost count amount of drinks. And I took a picture of Mindy, and was meaning to send it to "1" friend. Well, After getting a few Text msgs back from some angry wives, I found out the picture was sent out to about 30+ people by accident...So I think I have talked to everyone's wife or girlfriend, and all should be ok...however I thought I should offer a public apology to some of the members here who got the picture thanks in part to my intoxicated state.

07-08-06_1923.jpg

Ok, well enough of the apologies...on to the point of this thread. Mindy and I have been together for a little under 3 years. The moment I met her, I had a feeling in my stomach that I had just met my soul mate. We've been through many good times, and many bad times together. I've posted about some of our issues in the past, and taken some of the great advice from the members here about questions I've had about certain situations we've been through together.

07-09-06_1252.jpg

Well, as Sledhead, MidnightBusainSD, Vic, and a few other know - Mindy and I have had our share of problems lately. In fact it got to the point that we had completely broken up, and both of us started dating again. And after being on a few dates, and talking to a few different women, I found myself comparing these women to Mindy - and none of them no matter how educated, rich/poor, beautiful, they were....none compared to Mindy in my mind.

So, this weekend Mindy had enough of the current state of things, and gave me a call and told me she was bringing over a case of beer and we needed to talk. I told her I was busy and was working on the Busa...Mindy commented "Whats new" your always working on the bike...and she was comming over to talk while I worked on the bike. Well, true to her word, Mindy came over & I really didn't know what to think about her comming over. I just didn't want to have any more hurt between us again.

Well, after several hours of talking - we made progress...No arguments, but we both managed to get a little wet in the eyes. Let's fast forward a little here, and let me say I spent the next 48 hours with her. We wen't for a Perfect rides on the Busa around the local lakes, the cities, and a few local sights. We went out to eat a few times, obviously had a little to much to drink a few times, and even went to a family gathering her family had for her sister's graduation.

img_1469.jpg

Mindy's family has treated me with more love and kindness in the last few years than my family has given me in 33 years. Her kids of 5 and 7 have their issues like all kids, but things are getting much better than they were when we first started dating - All a person can ask for is progress...right?

Well, last evening I told Mindy she could ask any 3 things from me and I would also like to ask her for 3 things. We could ask for them right away or ask each thing/ request over the weeks/months/years in the future. Mindy said she had 1 question for me, and it was the same question she has had for me in the past, one which I was not able to answer. The 1st question was - Will I move in with her in the next 30 days.

Well, I'm at the point where Im ready to dedicate my life to her and her kids and become a family. Rich or pooor, I love this woman more than anything in life. Yes, we can be like Matches & Gasoline much of the time, but for both of our personalities - It works for us.

Now, do I just say yah to moving in, or would it be more appropiate to ask her to be my wife first, than move in? Were both a little old-fashioned....yah right....but I want to do the right thing here, and make her feel special about everything, however Im just not sure how I should approach this situation.

JM1.jpg

And for the friends I've met here, and supported me so much through all the issues Mindy and I have had - Thank you all for being my friend. The friendships I've made here are for life, and respect you all so much. Mindy will never make me sell the Busa, infact she want's one of her own...And I think that would make a perfect engagement present. And yes, Im really smiling in those pictures...After all the good and Bad we've been through, this woman gives still makes me smile.

JM2.jpg

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152555878 -->

hey sounds like you already know what to do-you just want someone else to kick u in tha butt to get it done. I just recently got engaged in december, but i didnt get her the ring till June. She was okay with that because I tatt'd her name on my chest (maybe a lil extreme for ya) in Dec. for an x-mas present. We've been living together for almost a year tho, and it worked better that way for us. Still living together n planning the marriage, and life is good. Take your time with the decision and examine all the pros/cons. If it feels like the best thing you can do to make the TWO of you happy-I say full speed ahead.

Good luck to you bro.:)

Sounds like you are happy overall after your opportunity to explore the field for other possible mates. However, due to your history of "matches and gasoline" type situations I would say she's honest enough in this day and age to live with you regardless of a life contract. If you haven't lived with her for an extended period in the past then what is to say that things will be tolerable if you do move in or - a couple more notches along - get married. Man, I'll tell you this, go with your heart but take this time to weigh in other folks' input here. You'll get the religiously influenced suggestions of making her honest but if making her honest will continue your negative issues, then just shack up and leave yourself an out. Its your life afterall, not every other disapproving person's life.

She's a beautiful gal valium...

I think you've answered your own questions up there; you're hooked on her and aren't happy without her. Time to go ring shopping and take the next step IF you're ready for that...

I wish you the very best...
wink.gif

thanks for the update Val. I was wondering why the heck I got that pic!!!!

Do you really have to ask? I don`t think so... Even you glasses looks almost the same...
biggrin.gif

and why the hell I didn`t received this picture...

thanks for the update Val. I was wondering why the heck I got that pic!!!!
Sled -

Hey, this weekend (Saturday) Mindy, and I are having a bonfire, doing a little BBQ, and serving up some cold drinks...Not sure what's been new with you lately, but you are more than welcome to enjoy the evening with us and a few friends. Just give me a call, and I can get you some more details. Im trying to get the Farminator to come on down...but will see what happens.

I'm thinking Margarita's, Shots of Patrone, some spicy food, and maybe some steak and shrimp shish kabobs.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152562041 -->

Do you really have to ask? I don`t think so... Even you glasses looks almost the same...
biggrin.gif

Vic...I keep my Russian Mafia friends located in a different phone-book...lol j/k my friend....good thing it didn't get forwarded to you...I don't think I could have explained the situation in Russian to your beautiful woman.

Im working overnights this week, so I will try calling you tonight around 10:30 pm - been a while since we chatted.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152561984 -->

biggrin.gif

Vic...I keep my Russian Mafia friends located in a different phone-book...lol j/k my friend....good thing it didn't get forwarded to you...I don't think I could have explained the situation in Russian to your beautiful woman.

Im working overnights this week, so I will try calling you tonight around 10:30 pm - been a while since we chatted.
My lady will forgive me.. I just bought her first bike....
smile.gif

thanks for the update Val.  I was wondering why the heck I got that pic!!!!
Sled -

Hey, this weekend (Saturday) Mindy, and I are having a bonfire, doing a little BBQ, and serving up some cold drinks...Not sure what's been new with you lately, but you are more than welcome to enjoy the evening with us and a few friends. Just give me a call, and  I can get you some more details. Im trying to get the Farminator to come on down...but will see what happens.

I'm thinking Margarita's, Shots of Patrone, some spicy food, and maybe some steak and shrimp shish kabobs.
thanks for the invite buddy! But I'm going to have to pass. I have my daughters this weekend....but I'll take a raincheck OK? Just no more pictures sent to me ya dork!! ;)

man i think you know what your answer already is like every one else said..you also have to give wounds time to heel give the whole dating some more time..i understand your feelings toward her and i think you too have realized that being apart is not what you want.
i will put it this way i had rule to gettin married
#1 live with atleast 6 months i broke that one got marrried it turned out for the worst..so take time on everything all in all in will pay off

thanks for the invite buddy! But I'm going to have to pass. I have my daughters this weekend....but I'll take a raincheck OK? Just no more pictures sent to me ya dork!! ;)
Sure....just because were not having Ozzy there, and wont have the excitment of having a ".44 mag" threatened to be stuck in my stomach...it's just not enough excitment for you...lol

Sled....I have to slow down a little if you know what I mean. Anyhow, Have a great time with your daughters..Your a very lucky man....we will have another get-together in the near future...so you better make it next time
smile.gif

smile.gif
......I'm really happy for you Val! Get 2 tickets to the Q-ryche concert and come see the band with me so I can meet her..........do you need the date AGAIN???
biggrin.gif

hey guys (sled,val) i am not that far i would love to come up and hangout just to get some new scenery so let me know

Back