well this sucks

BigBadDodge

Registered
So twisted my knee up getting outta the truck yesterday morning, was a bit sore all day but not major, after lunch i was cutting a part off a shear in our fab dept, basically laying against a 45* piece of metal cutting out the welds holding it, had to get up and out fast and got some nasty pain in my knee. Figured i pulled something, ended up taking my friend/kind of girlfriends daughter mini golfing last night cause her mom was to sick to take her, take her daughter home and she's not there, grandma says she was working late. Now i left work early yesterday, which i was planned to leave after i cut the shear parts anyway so then with the knee thing i was like ya ok. But when i left there were no plans for anyone to be working late. So send her a text that her daughter wants to go to this winterfest thing by my house we drove by so if she feels better and i can walk we should take her, went by the shop on the way home and no one was there. Get home to find pics she put up on facebook of her and her friends at the bar. (most dont know the story but in a nut shell when she has her daughter and is bored she misses me, loves me etc, soon as she doesnt have her daughter its like i dont exist, has stood me up on multiple occasions and i finally said i'm done figure yourself out.)

So she had never responded to my text about winterfest, after i saw the pics i sent one that said nevermind, so sick you cant spend time with me, and cancels the plans she made with her daughter, lies about working late to go out drinking instead. Found out from grandma she doesnt have her daughter this weekend(like she told me a few days ago). But anyway i'm all pissed off, knee hurts like hell so i go to be about 8, wake up at 5 in pretty bad pain, so decide to take myself to the hospital(i dont do hospitals or doctors, i'm so tolerant to pain i just deal with it on the rare occasion i hurt myself, and i wonder if i'm immune to all sickness sometimes as i just never get sick). they think i just strained the muscles which then when i got up from under the shear i dislocated the knee and it popped back into place. Luckily no real damage in the knee but its gonna be sore as crap for a few days, offered to prescribe me some good pills to take care of the pain which i turned down, so told me to ice it elevate it and try to stay off it all weekend along with definately no mini golf :whistle:. So now i'm stuck in the house and unfortunately have quite a few stairs, luckily the computer and tv are on the lower level. so you'll be hearing alot from me this weekend:laugh:

Rant over.

Heal up quickly. Sorry about the "girl friend". Sounds like she is using you as a babysitter. Kick her to the curb, life is too short for the drama. Enjoy your quiet weekend. :beerchug:

Good news is my mom told me to come down and check out the array of knee braces/splints to see if something will work for me. My friend had the same thing happen last year and said a brace made a world of difference. My sisters had tons of knee issues and multiple surgerys and my dads had issues since he was a kid which resulted in his knee being replaced a few years back. I was supposed to go to this diesel club holiday party, i'm not in the club per say but a girl i know wanted me to go with her. Hoping this thing gets to healin so i can atleast make it over there. :laugh:

Best of luck with the knee. If it keeps giving you trouble get an MRI. I suffered two years with a torn / destroyed MCL.

Good news is the brace made a substantial difference, actually regretting not going to get it last night, using the one I had from my accident. It is a bit tight now, last time I wore it was 6yrs ago, gotta find a smaller one tomorrow as this one won't fit under my work pants and is to long for my boots. Feels quite a bit better tonight!!

i had to work on an injured knee, i took ibuprofen immobilized and elevated as i could, be careful though. walking around on a hurt knee will make the other one work harder and can injure both. the more water you drink the less your body will retain too. helps with swelling.

Sorrry to hear about the bad knee.

Also whilst your laid up, get on the computer and find a new date.

Get well soon, Stretch

Ice it every 2 hours for 15 minutes.

I just finished post surgery pt on my left knee.

Sorry about your knee. If the issue is tendons it can take and extended amount of time to heal. Hopefully the knee brace will reduce the stress during the healing process.

As far as the woman issues, you'd be wise to put a new mule in that woman's stall. The part about driving past her work place to see if she was actually working shows a lack of self confidence on your part. Apparently, both of you have issues within this relationship? You cannot control what she does, you can only control what you do! Stopping the pain before it becomes agony may be a wise move! :beerchug:

Sorry about your knee. If the issue is tendons it can take and extended amount of time to heal. Hopefully the knee brace will reduce the stress during the healing process.

As far as the woman issues, you'd be wise to put a new mule in that woman's stall. The part about driving past her work place to see if she was actually working shows a lack of self confidence on your part. Apparently, both of you have issues within this relationship? You cannot control what she does, you can only control what you do! Stopping the pain before it becomes agony may be a wise move! :beerchug:

I had to get fuel and the place i use is literally right next to the shop, had to drive by to get fuel.

Back