Xylene Fuel Additive / OCTANE BOOSTER

Hey forum gang-

Our chemical company just happened to have received a shipment of technical grade Xylene from a supplier at about half cost, and are looking to part with it. We have around 2,000 # of this wonderful stuff, or right around 275 gallons.

If you would like some well under retail cost, or know of someone / an organization that would like it, please let me know. Our selling price is $4.50 / gallon being sold in 5 gallon steel pails- quite a steal compared to the industry standard of $5.51 / Gallon, let alone retail price.

the conversion rate can be found here: How to Add Xylene to Gas | eHow.com

the math works out to around 1.2 gallons of Xylene per 4 gallons of 91 octane gasoline in order to achieve fuel at 110 octane.

Our company will be able to ship anywhere, although keep in mind that Fed Ex Ground charges an extra $25.00 haz fee for flammable shipping. Pickup is in Cleveland Ohio. Bulk is obviously preferred but not required, with a minimum order of 1 5 gallon steel pail.

Please let me know if interested!

Thanks,
Colton

Yeah, but what about shipping costs on that one..... Last i knew UPS had a bit of ugly surcharge on shipping costs regarding chemicals like xylene... I dont think USPS will ship it at all IIRC...

we have some pretty decent rates with Fed Ex Ground, as we use them as our major shipping company- understand it will still be a bit pricey, and there will be a hazardous fee, but we can and do ship flammable and haz products all day every day :D

Colton

working up example quotes for ONE 5 gallon pail weighing 40# now, one to san diego CA and one to St. Louis

Shipping to San Diego CA from Cleveland OH is $60.00,

shipping to St. Louis MO from Cleveland OH is $29.00.

both quotes represent one 5 gallon pail.

Shipping to San Diego CA from Cleveland OH is $60.00,

shipping to St. Louis MO from Cleveland OH is $29.00.

both quotes represent one 5 gallon pail.

So is that $4.50/gallon x 5 gallons = $22.50 PLUS $29 shipping for a total of $51.50 for a 5 gallon pail? I didn't think Xylene was much more than $10/gallon anywhere. Maybe I'm doing the math wrong.

Well, perhaps I should have phrased it as "economically logical for pickup only" in relation to one 5 gallon pail.

Keep in mind though freight rates are not linear; that price for one 5 gallon on freight wouldn't be the same for 2 let alone more.

I can work up actual numbers for actual zip codes if people are interested.

Blanca,

Its a fuel additive that increases octane- can increase MPG extremely slightly, but the vast majority of its application is for racing reasons from what I'm reading. Also keep in mind, I own a chemical company- we just happen to have a ton extra and I'm trying to sell it for much cheaper to people that may be able to use it for a different application :D

What's it do and how well?

It's an old school trick for making cheap race gas...

xylene and toluene are both found in gas normaly as octane boosting agents....

xylene is R+M/2 of 117

toluene is R+M/2 of 114

Most people adding it usually do it at a 10-20% total volume ratio ie taking something like a 91 or 92 pump to 100 octane... a little goes a long way, but because of properties you dont want to run SIGNIFICANT amounts instead of fuel (like do not do a 50/50 mix)

It is common to also add 1 oz of something like marvel mystery oil as a top end lube to keep things happy...

Is it a substitute for TRUE race gas, no.... but it deffinatly gets the job done in a pinch, or when no race gas is availible....

Used it for a long time in super charged car applications for grudge races, with success....

These prices make it a pretty good deal for those close who can pick it up, but for delivery unfortunatly becomes a bit less good.... However prices vary HEAVILY when purchased at stores, so shopping around might mean its still cheaper to buy and have shipped...

Interesting side effect, it cleans the valve train VERY well.... (hence the need for using some marvels mystery oil in the mix)

Read on a site about the stuff...

Number two thing: Add Acetone and Xylene to your fuel; gasoline or diesel. Acetone changes the surface tension of the fuel. That makes it spray a finer mist. That will make it combust better. Better combustion means leaner fuel and more efficient burning. But if your fuel contains 10% Ethanol, acetone will not help much. Big oil figured that out. Xylene will help increase octane and help override the affects of alcohol in the fuel. Together they work best; but the higher the Ethanol content, the less effect acetone will have.

Number three thing: Add Mothballs made from Naphthalene. The old fashioned moth balls are 99.5 percent Naphthalene. The only kind to use. It takes an hour for them to dissolve, so you may want to crush them first. They will boost your mileage. Naphthalene is a hydrocarbon. Do not use more than 5 mothballs in 20 gallons. You don't want to carbonize your engine. Oh, and don't use mothballs if you are using Xylene. They do the same thing.

Back