More dyno fun!!!! U4.4 vs MS109 vs MR12 vs E85

teezy

Registered
I wanted to see the difference or gains from one to the next. Mainly to see the power vs cost difference. Im here in texas and have a good friend that lives in San Antonio who can swing by the VP RACING plant and pick it up for me so the price is cheaper... So I decided to buy a pail of MS109 and MR12. THe bike already had U4.4 in it. This is the break down on my bike.

COST
U4.4........... $74.00............. 5 gallons
Ms109......... $60.00.............. 5 gallons
Mr12.......... $110.00............. 5 gallons

DYNO NUMBERS
U4.4...................... 213whp 121wtq
Ms109................... 214whp 122wtq
Mr12...................... 216whp 124wtq

What I will say is that the tune from u4.4 too MR12 did not require any real adjustment. MS109 required alot. As far as power and torque the graph literally chased each other up the rpm band.

We are also testing E85 on another bike...

We will also be testing the fuels at the track to see the differences

Sidenotes!!!

*MS109 smells bad!!! If you leave it sealed in your garage or in the bike it will stink up the place. Put it in a fringe if you have one in the garage.

*MR12 is just nasty!! Make sure after you run it you flush it out with something else. Everyone says it will ruin fuel parts. The throttle response on MR12 is worlds better then MS109 or U4.4 even if the dyno doesnt show the gains.

NOW E85 VS MR12
We dynoed one of the shop bikes today with MR12 in the tank. Its very humid today FYI... The results

MR12.............223 whp 132 wtq
E85................216 whp 127 wtq

Sidenotes!!

*MR12 is 22.00 a gallon vs E85 at 3.16
*E85 also sign off early making peak power at 10,200

Cut and pasted from VP's site:
C15™
Used in large (500 CI or greater) normally aspirated engines with ultra high CRs of 14:1 or greater. Can also be used in smaller nitrous systems. Very consistent fuel - excellent for bracket racing

We switched from C14 to C15 in the drag car I crew on, we picked up a few 1/100ths in the 1/8. haven't had it dyno'd since the switch. Granted it's a big block car, but we spin it north of 8k. What kinda compression you running?

Cut and pasted from VP's site:
C15™
Used in large (500 CI or greater) normally aspirated engines with ultra high CRs of 14:1 or greater. Can also be used in smaller nitrous systems. Very consistent fuel - excellent for bracket racing

We switched from C14 to C15 in the drag car I crew on, we picked up a few 1/100ths in the 1/8. haven't had it dyno'd since the switch. Granted it's a big block car, but we spin it north of 8k. What kinda compression you running?

That definitely doesnt sound like stuff you run in a bike. I believe my comp is in the lowe 13's.

U4.4 vs 87 pump gas
My tuner did a bike that made 187whp on pump gas tuned. Poured in U4.4 and saw 193whp. Then tuned it on u4.4 and made 197whp.

You can run it if your c/r is high enough, yours isn't. Reason I suggested it might work is that you can spray on top of it. We don't currently, but we will may be adding a lil laughing gas to make the field for the ADRL race in St Louis.
Thanks for posting your results, it's interesting stuff.

You can run it if your c/r is high enough, yours isn't. Reason I suggested it might work is that you can spray on top of it. We don't currently, but we will may be adding a lil laughing gas to make the field for the ADRL race in St Louis.
Thanks for posting your results, it's interesting stuff.

The M5 METHANOL is what we are excited to test. We have a friend thats running in his busa that made 240whp. Whats awesome is from what I understand it will make the same power in the summer months that it makes in the winter months. His bike never even temped up either. Exhaust and every was cool. Only thing with running methanol is it requires a fuel system and some big ass injectors. We have another bike at the shop that is making the change. Should see some numbers soon

You definatly need to add a bunch of fuel if switching from pump to u4.4. i added a decent amount of fuel in ecu editor when I switched to it and a/f still went from 13.1 to 13.6. Probably need to add 7% more fuel or so.
I have ben leaving it in the tank and not draining it either with no problems. I know some of the earlier u4, u4.2 was known to gum stuff up. All I run is strait u4.4 in my bike at the drag strip. I pulled my head apart at the end of last year and every thing still looked like I just assembled it after a year and a half of racing. very little to no build up on any of the valves or pistons.
I remember when I used to tear my turbo gsxr 1000 down. ran it on water injection and c16. It always looked like I just assembled it. pistons, head, velves, etc..

I know this is an old post but I thought it might be worth adding. I just did a street run on u4.4. I run a wideband o2 with gauge. My bike is tuned to run 13.5 to 13.2 under full throttle. u4.4 ran 14.0 to 13.7. I will be putting the bike on my dyno this week to see what actual horsepower gains might be before tuning.

Up at mile high altitude we could never get more than 5hp on U4.4 with tune. MR12 with tune netted huge gains of 10-12hp on a mostly stock Gen I.

Back