Question for tuner about MR12

Aly Kabil

Registered
Hello Everyone

I have question about tuning and ignition time for MR12,

I tuned the bike on road using Logbox and ZT3 from Whoolich.

then i took it to dyno to check it, I reach the peak power on pump fuel 98 with the remove the retarded ignition on the low gears and add 4 degrees on the 100% TPS like all the reflashed hayabusa the bike made 186 HP then I removed the 98 and drop directly MR12 and the bike did 193 HP, so it gain 7 HP without changing anything, I know that MR12 is 87 octane so I tried to remove few degrees and I didn’t gain anything almost lost 1 to 2 HP then I tried the stock ignition map didn’t get anything out of it then unified the ignition map to remove the retarded time only from the low gear also didn’t get anything out of it

now i need to know!!!

Is it safe and normal to run it on the ignition map for 98 octane which is +4 degrees at 100% and remove the retard in low gears?

It is normal that sometimes the ignition for MR12 not making any difference in power comparing to the Pump fuel?
here is a dyno chart for the my bike the MR12 is the dark brown and the red is 98 pump fuel.

thank you so much in advance...

My Dyno chart 98 & MR12.JPG

Sounds like you did the right thing and played with timing. Did you have to adjust the afr from the fuel swap? What you should of done was ran stock timing and then add timing until you don’t get any increase then back it down. That’s how you find your limit on timing. Or until the hp gains are very minimum then back it down.

In my experience changing the timing with the old MR12 didn't make any difference. The newest MR12 is 93 octane and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I've just did some break in pulls with no tune (fat) on 92 pump gas and was at 212 hp. So I'm excited to see what I get out of the ol' sow with MR12 or C45.

Sounds like you did the right thing and played with timing. Did you have to adjust the afr from the fuel swap? What you should of done was ran stock timing and then add timing until you don’t get any increase then back it down. That’s how you find your limit on timing. Or until the hp gains are very minimum then back it down.
Yes I change the AFR in the low and mid range little bit but at the high RPM it’s the same like the 98 fuel, when I remove little bit or add little bit in the high RPM I lost power, same with timing

In my experience changing the timing with the old MR12 didn't make any difference. The newest MR12 is 93 octane and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I've just did some break in pulls with no tune (fat) on 92 pump gas and was at 212 hp. So I'm excited to see what I get out of the ol' sow with MR12 or C45.
1st time in my life to read the MR12 have new version 93 octane...are you sure from the?? I know that it’s only 87 octane..please tell me how to know if it’s 93 or 89

Be sure you're comparing like for like. Different countries use different methods to determine fuel octane. All three are listed on the table @mjl3truck linked to, and what he's saying is correct, but @Aly Kabil make sure you are looking at the same method used in Poland.
I checked before this sheet for description, here in Poland we have only 95 and 98 octane which I think it’s like 91 and 93 in USA but not sure, when I contacted the supplier in EU to ask him he told me to deal with it like it’s 101 octane which is more hight than the 98 and even than shell V-Power race which is 100 octane, so I asked him, that means I can advance the ignition safely and he confirm it, but I decided to not advance more than the 4 degrees at the 100% TPS unless some tuner will confirm that I can go for more, at least now I am sure that I am in safe side and I can just drive on both fuel wit the same map for 98 and for MR12.

If any tuner will confirm that it’s fine now or I can add more degrees I will be so thankful for him

Back