question about dyno

copskahn

Registered
i have an 06 busa with a PC , TRE, short stacks, full yosh exhaust, BMc air filter. my question is i hear that when you have the bike dynoed you should have the rear strapped down. i had my bike dynoed and it made 155hp and 96 flbs tq.but the guy that dynoed my bike did not have it strapped down. would having the rear strapped made any difference.

not enough to do it. like it was said, its only done to keep the rear tire from hopping on the drum.

Josh

Ryders Connection

The way i look at it,its safer and better.You wouldnt want you ride to drop or topple.

Probably just a conservative dyno. Early Dyno jets read high as much as 15%.That's why there is so much varence in the quoted horepower numbers. Your number sounds about right. My bike with the exception of the short stacks read 148 on a superflow. The operator said that was the strongest piped Busa he had run yet. Dynos numbers should be used to see if there is an improvement in the motorcycle, not to compare different bikes on different manufacture's dynos. Here's a page from March 2006 issue of Sports Car International where the Creator of the DynoJet Mark Dobeck admits to the "fudge factor".

Download #2 that's the page that mentions the fudge factor in the last paragraph.

I've uploaded the whole article in 1 thru 5 if you wish to read it all.

1. RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
2. RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
3. RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
4. RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
5. RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

cheers
ken

Last edited:
Back