Dyno after Engine work

SKILLZ

Registered
Got a pretty decent dyno this evening

Granted this is on a DynoJet car dyno, not a motorcycle dyno, and it read 10rwhp lower than the motorcycle dyno in town. I haven't been over to the motorcycle dyno yet since I have worked on the motor....

Stock bore drop in 13:1 wisecos
intake on exhaust
short stacks
K&N filter
Ported Head (did myself)
Sumo exhaust
PC3R
93 pump gas

At any rate it made

185.7 rwhp and 102.4 TQ

I have a set of 395/378 web cams I am going to install later. Any idea of how much hp these will add??

my head flows

246 @ .400IN
175 @ .400EX

The shops printer was messed up so ill have to save to a disc.

Great #'s Bud! That sounds like a real strong motor, how is the midrange to top end pull with that intake cam moved over to the exhaust side? How does the seat of the pants feel differ with the new pistons and the higher compression?
super.gif

Wow! Good numbers. No problem running 93 octane with 13:1 compression?

I'm doing motor work this winter - still trying to figure out the best combo for the $$$.

Thanks guys! Im ready to get it to the track and see what it does... The bike feels really strong in the mid and top... I could tell a big difference with the new pistons over the stockers.... The throttle response is a lot better also... The 13:1' s are fine with 93 if you tune the motor to them, and check the plugs for detonation.

I might dyno this same setup on race fuel later and see what difference it makes.

4th Generation Motorsports (Mike Dye) did my combo very similar and it made 196hp on 87octane but running 89 or 93 most days

Got a pretty decent dyno this evening

Granted this is on a DynoJet car dyno, not a motorcycle dyno, and it read 10rwhp lower than the motorcycle dyno in town. I haven't been over to the motorcycle dyno yet since I have worked on the motor....

Stock bore drop in 13:1 wisecos
intake on exhaust
short stacks
K&N filter
Ported Head (did myself)
Sumo exhaust
PC3R
93 pump gas

At any rate it made

185.7 rwhp and 102.4 TQ

I have a set of 395/378 web cams I am going to install later. Any idea of how much hp these will add??

my head flows

246 @ .400IN
175 @ .400EX

The shops printer was messed up so ill have to save to a disc.

Nice Numbers brother :bowdown: How hard was it to port the head, ive done many car cyl heads....but no experience with cycle heads? thx :beerchug:

Sad to hear guys.......can still get 98 octane here in Europe !......

98 octane in europe is equivalent to 93 octane in the us and canada. For some reason, we use a different rating system that shows 4-5 points lower than everywhere else in the world. Same gas....different rating system.

Back