Measuring HP with different fuels and dyno types

mjl3truck

Registered
I would like some input on a fuel vs. HP question when measured on different dynos. Mind you I came from a diesel world where we used water braked Super Flow dynos so the inertia dyno is foreign to me.

When using MR12 it will give a higher HP vs pump gas (after it has been tuned for it) on an inertia dyno, my belief is that is because it is accelerating the drum faster in a given amount of time.
Now if you used a braked dyno and held the engine to 10,000 rpm and say it made 200 hp on pump gas then poured in (and tuned for) MR12 will it show an increase in HP while being braked at 10,000 rpm?

I would like some input on a fuel vs. HP question when measured on different dynos. Mind you I came from a diesel world where we used water braked Super Flow dynos so the inertia dyno is foreign to me.

When using MR12 it will give a higher HP vs pump gas (after it has been tuned for it) on an inertia dyno, my belief is that is because it is accelerating the drum faster in a given amount of time.
Now if you used a braked dyno and held the engine to 10,000 rpm and say it made 200 hp on pump gas then poured in (and tuned for) MR12 will it show an increase in HP while being braked at 10,000 rpm?

No idea on inertia I have Eddie current in fact all DJ250 are Eddie Current

Come on down and try it out. I have a load cell dyno now.. we can do it on or off load...

Back