Would you trailer your bike with this?

(Revvv @ Apr. 13 2007,23:52)
wow.gif
 NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO  
wow.gif

Do you need an explaination other than the fact that this just doesn't seem safe.

What happens if a strap pops?
rock.gif
It hits the road.

It happens. I had a strap break and dump my race bike over on the trailer. If I had been using something like that the bike would have been history.
+1 on this I work at a dealership i have heard to many stories of straps breaking and bikes falling. Also the dealer ship should not mind if you leave the trailer. At the one I work at we do it all the time for customers due to the fact that YOU ARE SPENDING MONEY in there store. If they don't want to let you leave your trailer go some were else that is more customer friendly.
super.gif

wow.gif

I'd do it.
If you have other uses for a trailer, then go that route. Spend the money once either way.

(NightCrawler @ Apr. 13 2007,21:19) Thanks for the info Professor. Was there any particular reason he opted to no longer use it?
I don't think it was because of any thing with the rack. He bought a really nice 30' toy hauler bumper pull camper trailer. He didn't need it after that.

He did have one mishap with it. He dropped it trying to load or unload it by himself. Can't really blame it on the rack itself.

Like I said, I would prefer a trailer myself. I'd be more comfortable putting a 250lb dirt bike on it than a 550lb Busa. But I have seen it done and it will work.

Here is a link to his ad to sell it.

I've considered that carrier myself. My 8X12 enclosed Pace American moto trailer is great. I pull with a Yukon XL Denali with 335 hp 6.0, but gas mileage sux. I get between 7.5 and 8.5 pulling due to significant wind resistance. Could do a little better, but I can't seem to drive slower than 75-80mph.

If this type carrier is heavy enough and engineered well, it just a matter of straps not letting you down...

Someone out there no doubt makes a high quality receiver mount carrier. Just not sure if these guys are the ones..

If you get it, I'd sure be interested in your opinion..

Don't buy one of those hitch carriers!! I had a customer come in who had one and he was hit in the rear, totalling his GSXR600. His insurance company refused to pay for the bike because it was heavier than the tongue load rating. Had NOTHING to do with the accident, but since the bike obstructed the view of the taillights, the insurance company said that coupled with the overload gave them an "OUT" to not pay.

Buy a small trailer and be happy.

Hooken has one of those and has used it to bring his busa down behind his denali several times to the bash.

Now, thats Eastern IA to western NC... for most folks thats FAAARRRR and he's never mentioned any issues with it.

As others have said, if you have the coin get a trailer, but I would haul the busa with that thing.... the real question, why not just put it in the back of the avalanche?

talk to hooken203. He hauled his busa to the dragon (1500mi round trip) on one of those for 2 yrs I think.
beerchug.gif

I don't know if I would, it seems to me that it's a pretty shakie the way that looks, guess if it was your only option but I'd rahter pay a buck or two more and get a lil trailer

Cheers

Not on a bet! I bought a nice 5'X10' ramp trailer that I towed my busa around with as well as my lawnmower, lumber, dirt, leaves,tools, washer, new couch etc. You get the point. I'm with BlueHaya all the way! For just a little more you can have a piece of equipment you can do so many other things with, and haul your baby the right way. Only consideration I can think of is if you have room to store a trailer. I also agree with Busawhipped that 600 lbs. is too much tounge weight. My 8'X20' trailer only has 400 lbs. tounge weight loaded with 4 busas and a complete shop!
+1

There are some pretty good haulers out there like this one. Check around for the sturdiest. I would haul my Busa on one.

P.

thumb_up.gif

My friend uses that setup for his Gold Wing, will easily hold a Hayabusa. His is mounted on a Chevy S-10 pick up which is sort of pushing it but he is happy, let us know how it turns out.
lurk.gif

My friend uses that setup for his Gold Wing, will easily hold a Hayabusa. His is mounted on a Chevy  S-10 pick up which is sort of pushing it but he is happy, let us know how it turns out.  
lurk.gif
+1. I originally thought I would NEVER haul my Busa on one, but after seeing the specs and demo videos I would if I had to. My own preference is to haul my Busa in a fully enclosed trailer.

P.

peace.gif

Back