WOOHOO GOT MY LICENCE

riccoh

Registered
Well like i said before. It's been ages since I had a bike (1993), I got my permit and started to check on the safety courses around the area and there are non avail until december so decided to give it a try with just taking the licence and got a bit nervous when the 3 guys in front of me failed right out of the bat, 1 buel
cursin.gif
, 1 dropped ducatti
deadhorse.gif
(felt sorry for the dude), 1 guy with a rebel 250(i wish i was on that thing) 1 busa (me
laugh.gif
) and a dirt bike 450 after me
ukliam3.gif

well me and the guy after me were the only ones that passed.
now I'm not sure about the taking the safety course outside the base, here are some of the reasons:
1. I visited the course area today, just a collage parking lot that has a lot of debris everywere,
2. Saw the bikes they provide, and looks like a junk yard, trust me not one in decent shape
3. Saw a lot of people ride their bikes in and grab a junkie for the course, I consider this useless.

still looking around and actually considering taking the one on base for 2 reasons
1. you have to use your own bike
2. the practice area is in a nice field(runway) area set up nice and it looks pretty fast too.

sorry for the long post

Yes, congrats. Please dont discount taking the MSF class though. I've been riding for almost 20 years, and I took the basic rider course (because a friend of mine was learning and wanted me to take it with him) and was surprised at how much I learned.

Take the course, learn something new. And depending on the riders in your course, ride their bike! You dont want someone running into the back of the bus because they forgot where the brake was. The bikes in the beginners courses are usually junkers because of the abuse those machines take. You could look into an intermediate course. BTW, congrats on getting your license brother!
beerchug.gif

I'm looking forward to taking the course actually a bit ansious i guess since that is the only way to get the bike on base(military needs the course no matter what). I just hate the long wait for it. I still think tha the Bassic riders course is def a plus for someone like me. I do practice the slow speed manuvering around the neighborhood before i hit the road.

thanks for the advice on this course. always looking to see how I can improve....

The MSF has an advanced course too. It's only 1 day, everybody uses their own bikes, and it cost quite a bit less than the basic course using the MSF bike. From what I hear from folks who have taken it, it's pretty much the same as the basic just you do everything faster. More like actual slow road stuff instead of parking lot speed of the basic course. Sounds like more fun too.
biggrin.gif

Congrats
thumb_up.gif
! Man I had to take my on bike test three times, and that was on a 250 Night Hawk!! I have yet to take the MSF course, but really would like to.

Let us know how the MSF goes.

Oh, and congrats and welcome aboard.
hello.gif

umnik.gif
Congrats on the cert.  I was nervous trying to get mine, alot of people said that it is too hard to pass the dmv test on a busa... its funny to me because those same guys be stuntin and cant even get a 600 around the dmv course.  Guess you dont have to know how to really control a bike to do wheeles.  But i cant say too mutch i still get a little iffy on those blind corners.

Russpictures005.jpg

Back