Winter Preparation

OB_anguish

Registered
Does anyone know how to properly prepare the Fuel Injection for winter storage. Usually i shut off the gas petcock, drain the carb float chambers and stabilizer is added to the tank. This bike will not allow any of the following steps. Any ideas. Sorry to bring thoughts of snow, I am living in snow country and it will soon be time to get out the snowmobile.

Call Vegas Dude and see if he can find you work for the winter. The Hayabusa is a Falcon and birds migrate so they can have fun year round. Watch and see you will have an itch to migrate south soon, you can't defy mother nature :)

Or you could paint your bike Artic white and call it the Snow Falcon.

Anguish...as a fellow Canuk I'm totally embarrassed!

Winter? It's in your mind. When the roads are clear and dry in February, you throw on your snowmobile suit and get out there!

NEVER store your bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!

See you tomorrow or next Sunday...as long as you haven't already flung your Busa into storage by then.

There ya go pete! I ride my bike all year in the Boston area, as long as there is no ice and snow. Gotta get new gloves though Brrr...
:)

Sorry guys! Indiana is not that forgiving in the winter! At least New Carlisle In. is not. We seem to be in a snow belt 15 miles east or west will have 3in. of snow while we have 3-4 feet (lake effect) I don't think a snowmobile suit will work without the snowmobile!!! What actual sugestions do you have!!!!

Sabor

If the roads are dry.....but its winter time,you could still ride.And should....
Riding just a little during winter will keep you in shape and mindset for all the riding you'll be doin when summer happens again.
Rideon!

Totally agree Buddha.

Winter riding in Canada keeps your riding reflexes sharp in a way that a sled (snowmobile for you southern yankees) just can't.

And it's much better for the bike than storage. Keeps the gas lines and injectors clean and varnish free, and the internals well lubricated. Prevents flat spots on the tires, keeps the battery up, uses the suspension seals to keep them supple.

And keeps you happy. Because you don't have to pray for Spring, you can just pray for a sunny, dry day with clean roads. And that happens all the time!

A complete snowmobile outfit works perfect, although it leaves something to be desired in the crash protection department.

I've always winter ridden, but I don't remember ever seeing anyone else on a bike in February (except for the ice races).

I love the way it freaks out the citizens in their cages!

Back