My busa won't start after winter storage.

davhd2

Registered
Treated fuel with stabil, removed battery for winter storage. Had the battery on a trickle charger all winter so I don't believe it to be the problem. Installed battery and the bike cranks over justs seems to not be getting any spark. After about 10 or 12 seconds the f1 light comes on. I can hear the fuel pump priming. Suggestions, anything would be appreciated. Thanks, Dav

Make sure that battery is fully charged, you have the fast idle operated ( Gen I ), maybe give it a touch of throttle. Pull FI code. Ship it to me :poke:

start from step 1 and make sure everything is where it should be...i know some of these aren't necessary but just to be on the safe side: bike in neutral, kickstand up, kill switch off, if you have an alarm with "remote kill" make sure it is getting power

Battery good, checked it. Fast idle and tried throttling. Not sure how to pull the codes, paper clip? and not sure which plug to put it in?

After you treated the fuel, did you run the engine for 5-10 minutes?
Treating the gas in the tank does absolutely no good if you don't run it through the rest of the fuel system.

Next time call 800-HLP-BUSA (457-2872) :laugh:

Under seat next to battery is a white plug. This is one you want to use to pull code.
91063e16.jpg

Jump wire from two wires shown above and turn key on. Look at gauge pod and see error code where miles usually shows.

You can remove cap from plug like this for easier access.
7d8e0ccb.jpg

Let us know.

How old is the battery currently on bike? I am GUESSING that you need a new one, even if it checked good. Happened to my other bike (full time on tender when not in use). Bought a new battery and the bike fired right up.

Thanks for all the help. As it turns out I am somewhat of an idiot, went through everything and realized I didn't have the power commander grounded. Did that and it fired right up. Thanks again, see ya down the road:beerchug:

Back