unseasonable mild winter weather and lovin it!

Trax

Banned
I live up north and this winter is like no other.
Usually this time of year its in the teen's up here.
Today it was 49 degree's and there is no snow, i went for a nice ride.

Tomorrow is going to be 50, i will go for a ride again tomorrow.

Is anyone else having unseasonaly warm weather?

MD set a record for the month of December. It never went below 40 degrees for the high.

Just thinking about this today. Last year in NorCal, we had weeks & weeks of rain, 242% above normal snowfall- crazy! All the reservoirs were full, everything was green, passes not open till mid-June, I loved it. Snow on Memorial Day. Temps 10 degrees below normal well into mid-summer. Coolest summer (of 2011) I can recall.

This year- nothing! Not a cloud in the sky for nearly 5 weeks now, near 60 degrees every day. Sun every day. Complete 180. They don't even have any snow in the mountains.

I'm thinking it hasn't been like this in at least a decade. :( My wife loves it as she hates the snow. Problem is then comes drought and fires as all our water around here comes from snowmelt.

Here's what it should look like around here, pics from this time last year:

900_2011-02-18_08-44-01_792.jpg

900_2011-02-18_08-45-31_310.jpg

900_2011-02-18_08-44-01_792.jpg

900_2011-02-18_08-45-31_310.jpg

Was in the upper 60's here in ol MO today. That's about 35-40 degrees warmer than this time last year, so I took a half day off and went for a ride. Was a bit windy, but it was a good time anyway. First ride of 2012 in the books.:thumbsup:

There is something wrong when you go deer hunting in January in a tshirt.:banghead:

But another bunch of fresh meat headed into the freezer.

It's been extremely warm up here too, tonight was the coldest i've seen in quite a while it's currently -2 and Sunday supposed to be +14, for the majority south of the border it should be something like 30 right now and 55 on Sunday

It's winter where I live, but only 2 hours southwest in Kingston, it looks like spring. Drove to Toronto and back on Friday... left Toronto at 2:00pm at +10*C and sunny, got into Ottawa at 7:00pm and was welcomed with -10*C (with a -18*C windchill) and fresh snow in the driveway. Even though I wasn't in a Delorean, I swear it was driving a time machine!

I've got today and tomorrow off so it's feeling like upper 60's maybe 70 out but trying to rain ...... of course :laugh:

Back