Will someone pleaaaassse explain to me

I thought about doing this because I always ride with the hump but kinda like the look of the grab bar too but I'll wait till I get my rear stand and see if it really helps to get it on the stand and if it does only then might I do it,

The grab bar acts as a lever to help manage the weight of the bike when you need to hold it from the rear. That makes it much easier to hold the bike vertical when putting it on the rear spool stand.

You have a choice: Like it, or don't like it. This topic has been beat to death over the past 9 years that the Busa has been sold in the U.S. Please move on, or get a freaking life.

I did it because of the speed of swapping the hump or seat, no tools needed. And, I give me a handle for putting on the rear stand.

could be the tone of the original post.... I have them both and think it looks fine myself... sure saves me a bunch of time anyway..

Sorry bro - I never realised this is YOUR Forum

icon1.gif
Will someone pleaaaassse explain to me
the so-called attraction of the grab-rail/seat hump mod????

for me the grab rail is a necessity when carrying a pillion but when I'm solo I want to get rid of it fast and keep the lines clean. Why on earth you would want to incorporate the grab rail when the hump is installed is just plain yuk :banghead: It can't even have any purpose other than completely ruining the bike's appearance.

I mean one or the other but both???

Last edited:
When putting my bike on the rear stand, I take the hump off and use the lock bracket the hump locks in to to pull the bike on the stand.:thumbsup:

I have the mod, but I don't have the OEM grab rail. The grab rail that I have is a two piece that has about a four-six inch gab; the handle doesn't go all the way around like a one piece. It also has the Hayabusa Kanji engraved. I leave the handles on for the reasons mentioned above. Also, I'm tired of spending time to change it out if I have to ride with someone or throw some saddle bags on. I use them to put my Busa in the garage, too. It fits into a semi-tight corner and I sometimes have to lift the back end to slide the Busa into the corner properly. Having the grab rail availible at all times can be a nice difference once you get used to using it all the time. I think it looks good.

Um... the lady friend rides with me 3 to 4 times a week and no way am I leaving a 400 dollar corbin with b/rest on when I go to work everyday. Also have the center stand mounted. My size 7.5 can barely get the bike up with the grab rail, no way with out it.
Function man, all about function.:poke: No show bike here:moon:, but I do respect the "each to there own" statement :beerchug:

I just leave it off and run the hump! Install it only when needed! Love the clean lines with out it on while running the hump!!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

I just leave it off and run the hump! Install it only when needed! Love the clean lines with out it on while running the hump!!!:thumbsup::beerchug:
I would wear the bolts out... off and on every other day? pppPPpPPpPpPppp my Corbin with back rest also sits in garage when not in use..

Back