Wanting to convert 2nd Gen into a touring bike.

Lunar Busa

Registered
My soon to be wife rides with me often, when we ride we tend to ride a couple of hundred miles per day. She loves to ride but she wants a backrest and I want her to have one so she wont put her weight on me which wears my hands out!! I noticed there is a Corbin seat with a back rest but its over priced on their site at $500 just for one seat, wow! Also we need a luggage set up when we ride to the smoky mts. I want either a luggage rack or bags, the only places I can mount this is on my frankenstein bolts and off my grab bar, since I got rid of the stop fender/mud flap. Also I am afraid of bags laying on my bike may sratch the paint, I value my beauty! I also need these things to be easily taken off when we get there. So I need to know what to buy and where!? ??? Thanks for all your imput!! Sorry for the misspelling!

Corbin seats are very hard - would suggest a Russell or Rick Mayer seat. As for luggage racks..

Side Rack:
TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Sidecarrier (Suzuki GSX1340R Hayabusa, '08-) Evo Style for Givi, Micatech, TraX ALU-BOX, & Krauser sidecases - KFT.05.575.200

Top Rack:
TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1340R, '08-) for Givi, Hepco-Becker, & Krauser topcases - GPT.05.576.100.B

Then add some Give side cases and a top case (optional). And you do not need the fender for the side racks, the rear bar connecter will just go across the rear .

Hey Jphilipson would a rear seat with back rest work with that setup you suggest?? Or the add they mention for the top rack have a back rest with the trunk for her to lean against?? Thanks all!

Hey Jphilipson would a rear seat with back rest work with that setup you suggest?? Or the add they mention for the top rack have a back rest with the trunk for her to lean against?? Thanks all!

Givi topcases have an optional backrest available that attaches to the front. A separate backrest is not needed.
Here is a pic with the backrest.
uploadfromtaptalk1319601968629.jpg

Via Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1319601968629.jpg

Because he wanted a Busa and it is a very capable tourer.

Via Tapatalk

Right on brother!

918_Pict0085_800.jpg

Lots of info on this topic, including a touring forum.

The luggage you described to a T is the Ventura Rack System:
Bike-Pack System, Ventura Motorcycle Accessories | motorcycle luggage, motorcycle bags, motorcycle rack, motorcycle saddlebags, tank bag, seat bag, headlight covers, motorcycle accessories, motorcycle touring| Pashnit Moto

In stock, ship whenever you are ready. :)

ChattanoogaBusa1.jpg

ChattanoogaBusa3.jpg

img8963a.jpg

jasper1.jpg

mrx_2.jpg

ChattanoogaBusa1.jpg

ChattanoogaBusa3.jpg

img8963a.jpg

jasper1.jpg

mrx_2.jpg

918_Pict0085_800.jpg

Last edited:
there's a fella on here making them for half the price.Can't remember he's handle right now..sure he'll chime in

I like the case that Busa Bret has suggested, I am wondering which rack I will have to purchase that will mount to. Thanks for all your imput guys greatly appreciated!! Maybe Pashnit will hook me up with the right package for me??:whistle:

I like the case that Busa Bret has suggested, I am wondering which rack I will have to purchase that will mount to. Thanks for all your imput guys greatly appreciated!! Maybe Pashnit will hook me up with the right package for me??:whistle:

That's a Givi bag - you'd need the following rack with the Givi Adapter

TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1340R, '08-) for Givi, Hepco-Becker, & Krauser topcases - GPT.05.576.100.B

I believe that's a v46 bag

TwistedThrottle.com : ...by Brand - Givi / Kappa - Luggage Cases by Givi (all models) - Givi Monokey Topcases -

Wasn't suggesting that case. Just showing you the backrest option for them. I actually like the Coocase topcases better. They have them on twisted throttle as well.

Via Tapatalk

Back