Givi Hard Luggage suggestions

NeOhiofan

Registered
I have a 2008 Busa that I'm looking to get Hard luggage for. I have narrowed it down to a few different Givi bags. I am looking for anyone's advice if they dealt with these bags on a Busa & which one's would work the best.
1. Givi E41
2. Givi Monokey V35
3. Givi E360
4. Give E36

I already have a top case that I will use in conjunction with the bags. I just want to be able to eliminate it when I go on long rides with the wife because I bought her the Corbin backrest and still have enough storage space for both of us.

I have the SW motech hard-bag brackets, and went w/ the Givi V35. Contact Justin of Honda East. He will get you great pricing on the whole kit.
Took a minute to get the brackets on. Had to fabricate a 2 inch bracket to lower my pipes so the bags would fit (Yoshi R77). But once that was done. easy as pie to install and remove, including the brackets when you are not using the bags.
as far as ridability, straightline, not a issue at all for the Busa, but curves, you start feeling the weight that are in your bags etc, it becomes a tank almost LOL.
Did a small weekend get away w/ the wife and a group of friends. I was nickanmed Exxon Valdez, b/c of the size, but still looks good and you don't notice them accelarating and leaving everyone :laugh:

Here are a couple quick pix of the V35's

GiviV35(1).jpg

GiviV35(2).jpg

Nice setup! Can you show us the exhaust mod? Also is there any stress on the pipes after "moving" them? Is it removable?

Thanks in advance! This is what I want to do!!!!

This is a 2 inch piece of aluminum cut and drilled to lower the exhaust to stock height. You will need (2) for left and right. You can get it from Lowes, it's 1 inch wide 1/4 in thick stock

leftbracket.jpg

Here are the (4) mounting tabs that stay on the bike, when you have the bags and cradles removed. If you have a fender elimanator kit. the rear bracket, more than likely would have to be installed each and every time (PITA).

leftmountingpoints.jpg

Here is a picture of the quarter turn (Zeuss) fastner used to secure the cradle to the mounting tabs.

Zeussfastner.jpg

The instructions says you can use a quarter to remove/ install the cradle.....I don't think so, carry a flathead screwdriver

Zeussfastner2.jpg

Rear view w/ the cradles installed, turn signals are permenatly attached to lower bracket This is w/ stock fender installed

rearcradleview.jpg

Side view with cradle installed

leftcradle.jpg

As you can see, the clearance w/ the 2inch bracket, puts my Yoshi R77 back to stock height

lefttabclearance.jpg

As you can the clearnce w/ the bag installed

leftbagclearance.jpg

Installing the bags on the pegs of the cradle, then slam it in...

baginstallation.jpg

Overhead view w/ bags installed. You will become a wide load, so mind your perimeter when pulling into gas stations, lane splitting (Cali), and pulling up next to other riders..

overheadview.jpg

Rear View of the wide, but subtle load

rearviewofbags.jpg

Interior view of the bag

openbag.jpg

This is an Shoei RF1000 size medium w/ chatterbox installed. Anything larger may or my not fit. I think the web said up to a large.

helmetinbag.jpg

Another example of storage space, will definitely hold a few days of clothing.

tideinbag.jpg

Okay that is the end of the show, I do hope you enjoyed it.

Tonyj, what are your thoughts on those of us that have done a fender eliminator mod to our Gen II? Does the included cross bracket provide enough support for the mounting system, or would we be required to fabricate another mud flap type set up?

Honestly. I think it will support the bracket as is. As it is an solid piece that goes across. It would be bolted to the fender for permenant mounting, then license plate bolts to bracket/ bar. But I don't really see why it wouldn't work w/ the bikes that have fender eliminator kits. as it appears to provide horizontal support for the two cradles on both sides
Just more work

Hate to say this.. but a full set of luggage is overkill... top box and tang bag for 2 week tour is fine...

Here are a couple quick pix of the V35's

Nice setup and thanks for the pictures. Was wondering your opinion on the lower braces for the side racks. I cut the plate extension off my Busa so there is no place for these braces to connect. Do you thin they can be just left un-connected to anything?

SW Motech Side Racks.jpg

Thanks for posting all these pics and the info. Just one question, is it necessary to hookup the supplied turn signals as they just look wrong in my opinion.

Thanks for posting all these pics and the info. Just one question, is it necessary to hookup the supplied turn signals as they just look wrong in my opinion.

No you dont have to, but if you want to be seen and legal then do it.

Hey C-Dog, is that the uni-go trailer? If so how does it handle? I'm sure straightline it's no problem but what about curves?

Looks great BTW :thumbsup:

I've tried the full pannier system it make the Busa a big wide ass bike that a nighmare to slide through traffic. I sat down and gave it some thought and came up with this below. Result double the load we can carry on our camping trips, trailer no wider than than the bike handles like you don't its there, we break it off at camp all back to normal. All the weight is so low down we pulled it up to silly speeds wih no issues.

TMBF Rally Derbyshire.jpg

HEM_DC said:
Hey C-Dog, is that the uni-go trailer? If so how does it handle? I'm sure straightline it's no problem but what about curves?

Looks great BTW :thumbsup:

It's a "third wheel trailer" . The maker is an org member "twt racer" I'm on a road trip now, most of the time I forget it's back there! Handles great!

Ok I like that design and the functionality of the trailer, and do understand it's a "niche" market. but $2100, WOW a little too rich for my blood

Back