Hard Luggage?

RandomNickname

Donating Member
Registered
Was looking into getting a 'Busa again, and using it as a long distance sport-touer, heavy emphasis on 'sport'. ;)

Was curious if there are any good mods, brackets, etc for mounting hard bags on the Busa out there for mounting Givi bags and such. I seem to recall something along those lines, but cannot find anything ANYwhere. (The less visually obvious sans-bag the better.)

The only hard bags I have seen are the Corbin Beetle Bags. Check out Corbin's website & you should find some pics.
cool.gif

Corbins bags are really over priced for what the offer they are sleek looking but packing them is definatly intersting if you look on the givi site there is brakets and bags for the busa they may not look as stylish as the corbins but they hold more in the long haul not to mention i belive they pop off easy to take to your motel at night unlike the corbins

The Corbins blow goat balls. Hardly hold anything and they don't have quick release set ups.

SW Motech makes mounts for Givi bags. Givi doesn't because of the sub frame fiasco back in the early days.

Check out the Krauser K4's or K5's. I think these are better then the Givi's. Can't remember the name of the company that makes the mounts that fit the Krausers. I think it was something like 5 star.

I installed the following to improve the sport touring capabilities of my busa. Heli bars, zero gravity sport tour shield, raised the top handle bar assy 10mm with spacers, installed a givi trunk on the base of the hump cover bracket. It sits like a passanger keeping the load mass closer to the seat / rider. I still ride hard with it in place with it loaded ( 25 lbs of cargo ) and there is minimal difference, just have to be sure whats in it won't move around. I have supprised a few guys in the canyons who point at my box, and they usually get pleanty of tme to view it from behind. I commute 130 miles a day and 30 of that is on twisties. I can't stay ahead of a experienced rider on a pure sport machine but have embarassed a few zx10/1000rr/gsxr riders.
Thanks, Ed

Busa_007.jpg

Go to my blog if you want to read more about the set up but you can buy SW-Motech quick release racks for everyday riding. Slap the racks on and put the GIVI bags on and you are ready to tour.

Ah cool.

The Motech's are really pretty much what I'm looking for, though the description is kind of vague as for which bags I need to worry about buying an adpater for. The description (in drlucan's second link above) says the Givi bags hardware is included, but then lists a 20-dollar extra charge for the Givi bags adapter. Which is which, anyone know?

Back