Hard Luggage-Givi E360 and SW-Motech Rack

GoAWOL

Abiit, excessit, evasit
Donating Member
Registered
Finally got off the dime and finished purchasing the entire hard luggage kit. Givi E360 used bags from Craigslist and a new SW Motech rack from Twisted Throttle. I originally griped about the cost of the rack but once I saw the amount of engineering put into it I now understand. Install took about an hour but was pretty straight forward. You must either reposition the license plate or drill new holes for it. The grab bar is required to be mounted if you're not going to make any modifications. You don't have to reposition the turn signals but I could see where it would help drivers at an angle see my turn intentions.Very pleased with the outcome...can't wait to get a long trip under my belt.:thumbsup:

P1030642.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good.
I have the same on mine.
Nice!
:thumbsup:

On mine the rear quick conn. bolt comes real close to the bodywork, on each side.
It rubbed a bit with vibration.
I ground off a little of the bottom of that bolt.

Last edited:
You're ready for some traveling now!! Looks good Sean, I know you have been wanting these for a while. Now I have a place to put all my extra cold weather clothing so I can stay warm :whistle:

Looks good.
I have the same on mine.
Nice!
:thumbsup:

On mine the rear quick conn. bolt comes real close to the bodywork, on each side.
It rubbed a bit with vibration.
I ground off a little of the bottom of that bolt.

Thanks for the heads up...I'll take a look at that right now.

You're ready for some traveling now!! Looks good Sean, I know you have been wanting these for a while. Now I have a place to put all my extra cold weather clothing so I can stay warm :whistle:

Thanks Ash...you'll never have to be without shoes or gloves again:laugh::laugh:

now thats some serious luggage. I'm happy for you. I know how long you've wanted that set-up. Now we need to log some miles with em :thumbsup: I saw someone selling the hard case that goes in the middle if your interested.

Very nice! I have the same racks along with a top rack. Using an e52 top case and E41 bags. Can pack for two people for an entire weekend with this stuff and carry a passenger!

Make sure you use the retainer washers with those bolts because if a screw comes loose with vibration, you will lose it. BTDT. I would even suggest ordering a few extra screws just in case. Only drag with this setup is you cant use an undertail/fender eliminator because of the mounting points!

Putting mine on for a trip next week, so I will post more pics when I am done . . .

bike n bags.jpg

Very nice! I have the same racks along with a top rack. Using an e52 top case and E41 bags. Can pack for two people for an entire weekend with this stuff and carry a passenger!

Make sure you use the retainer washers with those bolts because if a screw comes loose with vibration, you will lose it. BTDT. I would even suggest ordering a few extra screws just in case. Only drag with this setup is you cant use an undertail/fender eliminator because of the mounting points!

Putting mine on for a trip next week, so I will post more pics when I am done . . .

Which bolts in particular? I used thread locker on all of the mounting bolts so I should be good there. I bought the system to use every day believe it or not. I dislike not having the space to carry stuff (laptop, gym clothes, rain gear) back and forth to work. I mention this because you said you're going to be putting the luggage on for a trip...I had never thought of taking them off:laugh: Thanks for the feedback...I'll re-check all bolts after 50-100 miles.

Which bolts in particular? I used thread locker on all of the mounting bolts so I should be good there. I bought the system to use every day believe it or not. I dislike not having the space to carry stuff (laptop, gym clothes, rain gear) back and forth to work. I mention this because you said you're going to be putting the luggage on for a trip...I had never thought of taking them off:laugh: Thanks for the feedback...I'll re-check all bolts after 50-100 miles.

I am talking about the screws that attach the racks to the mounting tabs. Saying this from experience because I did this and lost a few screws. I love my racks/bags. Turns the bike into a svelte sport-tourer :laugh:

are those reflectors on the back of the bags? maybe we can turn those into turn signals.

Back