SW-Motech side racks

supermuns

Registered
Is anyone here running the SW-Motech side racks? More importantly and probably more of a shot in the dark is anyone running those racks with an undertail kit?

As a side note to the SW-Motech racks are there any other brands anyone would recomend?

Munson

Gen1, Gen2? I'm running their top rack, but not the side racks.

Me too. :laugh:

photo (3).jpg

But thinking of switching to this style.. :D

img_1195693_30429231_4.jpg

img_1195693_30429231_2.jpg

photo (3).jpg

img_1195693_30429231_4.jpg

img_1195693_30429231_2.jpg

Is anyone here running the SW-Motech side racks? More importantly and probably more of a shot in the dark is anyone running those racks with an undertail kit?

As a side note to the SW-Motech racks are there any other brands anyone would recomend?

Munson

I'm running a set of side-racks. I'd say if you're running and under-tail setup you might be ok just using the cross bar that is supplied hooking the two sides together. It's a pretty secure system, you'd have three hard points already and the bar across the back should be alright.

Pics for reference, it's all I have on hand, hope it helps.

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

DSC_0039B.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

mystic - are you using the SW givi adaptor or did you use the standard givi plate?

I do like the side case only look too. I currently have the baby sized E21s, I am not sure they would look as good with out a top box. I think here in the next week or so I am going to order the Alu-rack and then maybe over the winter make the three bag set-up a project baring time and funds as usual!

Thanks for the reply's, those are sure some nice looking bikes!

Munson

here is mine with the motech mounts, I bought it from a guy who already had them on, I love them but I still have a stock rear fender on it for now, I want to get rid of the stock tail but one of the mounts goes to the stock license plate mount, Im going to make some extensions once I chop the tail off it. Also if you go on the motech site and search these mounts, my bike comes up! im kinda famous haha.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1582_10200865777379421_621392065_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/544654_10200401232046078_1225655631_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see pics and measurements once you make your extensions and chop the fender. Since the back of my battery tray is cut out for the undertail, I will need to add more than just extensions so that I can tie it into the sub-frame some how. I would like to go back to a stock style tail light so I will be cutting up the undertail and getting rid of the cheap ugly led "pucks" I have for lights currently

Back