Givi touring luggage, got my new bags installed today!

cyclefarm

Registered
Went with the Givi Trekker 33L bags. I know they're kind of "dual sport" but after a lot of research I decided to go with these. They're about as narrow as you can get for a busa. I wasn't sure what they would look like but I like them, better than I thought. You can also see my Corbin seats, backrest, and SW Motech rack with bag. I oeave this stuff on only for the trip, take the bags/rack/backrest/passenger seat off as soon as I can after the trip.

005.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Not going to color match. Bags are 60% black anyway! And they'll be on the bike only about 1% of the time. Like my solo seat and hump unless touring with the wife.

How about a shot from the rear?

I went with the V35 bags, loving them!

photo 3.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Ahh. I printed out their installation manual. It looks like I might be able to connect that to the Givi rear rack. Going to do some more research. Thanks.

"How are you guys mounting these? I have the Givi rack with the tail bag."

Yeah, the side racks come with spacers and screws to mount to bike without the SW Motech "Alu-Rack" luggage rack. If you have the rear SW Motech luggage rack installed, you use different screws and skip the spacers so the top 2 side rack mounts attach to the luggage rack side bars. Hope that makes sense! My rear rack and side racks are SW Motech, not Givi, so are different than yours.

"How about a shot from the rear?"

I'll try to get a good pic from the rear tomorrow. I really like the V35 bags too and almost bought them. I'm kind of interested to see if my overall width is about the same as your V35, will take a measurement and post with the pic.

Those look really sharp all mounted up!! :thumbsup:

When looking for hard bags I had really considered Givi but ended up with the SW Motech TraX EVO ALU-BOX from twistedthrottle.

Here's a pic from the rear. Measures 37" across at widest point, plenty wide, would've been a lot worse if I had bought the 45L bags.

Heading to La Crosse WI tomorrow and Monday so will get to try them out.

003.jpg

Here's a pic from the rear. Measures 37" across at widest point, plenty wide, would've been a lot worse if I had bought the 45L bags.

Heading to La Crosse WI tomorrow and Monday so will get to try them out.

Yeah exactly. The larger 45L bags either Givi or TraX are very wide...... The smaller will still hole plenty of "stuff". We've packed for a trip to Florida & back and recently did a trip to / down the Blue Ridge Parkway with great success. It all comes down to thinking about what you want verses need and careful arrangement of those items :)

Just back from our La Crosse WI trip, had lots of fun! The bags worked great. This was the first trip on my Gen2 and wow I like this bike. My old Gen1 would "shake the bars" when loaded with touring gear/wife if you took your hands off the bars. The Gen2 doesn't. I liked everything about the Gen2 better than Gen1, except this: Premium gas. The guys riding with me could run regular so I was kind of a pain having to find a station that served Premium. Gonna put a bottle of Lucas octane booster under the seat and try it next time. Wonder if that stuff really works?

Rode through some pretty heavy rain, no problem. I'm always amazed at the protection the Busa gives to your hands and feet in a rain storm.

SW Wisconsin is beautiful! I've been there several times. The Mississippi is cool but even better are the winding blacktop county roads which are all over the place. And to top it off, we always ride through some Amish farming communities. I'm a farmer and I always feel like I'm seeing my Grandpa's life from the 20's. Very cool.

wisc5-14a.jpg

I wish I would have checked back into this thread earlier. I was in LaCrosse on Saturday too. :down:

We could have met up. I'll measure the width of the V35's tonight when I get home to see, but I'm fairly certain I'm wider than 37"

Glad you had a good time, the weather couldn't have possibly been better. We put on about 1000 miles this weekend and never left a 6 hour radius LOL

Back