Will someone pleaaaassse explain to me

Italian Trev

Registered
the so-called attraction of the grab-rail/seat hump mod????

for me the grab rail is a necessity when carrying a pillion but when I'm solo I want to get rid of it fast and keep the lines clean. Why on earth you would want to incorporate the grab rail when the hump is installed is just plain yuk :banghead: It can't even have any purpose other than completely ruining the bike's appearance.

I mean one or the other but both???

I think the grab bar looks fine with the hump on the bike, I have'nt done it on mine but I probally will. Just because you have it done does'nt mean you have to keep the grab bar on. I have seen many Busas with the cuts in the hump for the grab bar, but the bar was not installed at the time.

I usually use my seat during the week so I can carry my Cortech tail bag on the back with the bar installed. Everytime I want to put the hump back on I have to unbolt the bar... I know it only takes about five minutes for the transition, but I totally understand why so many people do the mod.:beerchug:

I thought that I was one of the only ones who did not particularly like the hump/grab bar mod.

When I had it, I used it to balance the bike for rear stand or whatever.
Now I have a Motech rear rack.

I like leaving the grab bar on for a couple reasons..

1. I take the pillion off and on a couple times a week
2. A LOT easier for putting up on rear stand, but that is only every couple weeks..

mostly why should I have to take 5 minutes to put the rear pillion on if we are only taking an evening ride of maybe 15 - 60 minutes?

I like leaving the grab bar on for a couple reasons..

1. I take the pillion off and on a couple times a week
2. A LOT easier for putting up on rear stand, but that is only every couple weeks..

mostly why should I have to take 5 minutes to put the rear pillion on if we are only taking an evening ride of maybe 15 - 60 minutes?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Doing the hump mod makes it so you dont have to take the darn grabrail off everytime you put the hump on....

It may be helpful if you wanted to hang your laundry on it and dry it while you ride.killing 2 birds with 1 stone maybe:whistle:

the so-called attraction of the grab-rail/seat hump mod????

for me the grab rail is a necessity when carrying a pillion but when I'm solo I want to get rid of it fast and keep the lines clean. Why on earth you would want to incorporate the grab rail when the hump is installed is just plain yuk :banghead: It can't even have any purpose other than completely ruining the bike's appearance.

I mean one or the other but both???

:thumbsup:WHAT HE SAID!

Doing the hump mod makes it so you dont have to take the darn grabrail off everytime you put the hump on....

Any mod done to a bike is an individual choice. Doesn't have to make sense or look good to anyone besides the owner. I have done it to 2 of my bikes because it does have functionality since I use my rear stand quite a bit. I don't carry passengers very often and don't keep the rear seat on when riding solo. The grab rail is useful for putting the bike on the rear stand and I don't want to have to remove the hump to grab a solid place to put it on there. Just what works for me and if I decide I no longer like I will get another hump!

For me, the grab bar is a must when putting her up on the rear stand. Also, Juli may ride 2-up with me or ride Bruce(her bike), so I am ready either way. :beerchug:

Back