New-to-me 09 busa, need cosmetic parts...

eh101

Registered
Hello all,

I've been a lurker here for a few years since my brother bought a 2010 busa. This place has been great to find information on mods etc. Made this account in 2014 in order to be able to view attachments for some mod we were doing, can't remember what now lol.

TL;DR I need a bunch of OEM fairings for a 2009 white/blue/silver busa. Where do I buy?

Long version:

I just got an absolute steal on an 09 busa, the white/blue/silver one (FGF code I think?). 1,976 miles. The seller is one of those guys who buys things spur of the moment and never really uses it. But! There's a big catch: it needs a bunch of cosmetic work. I know you're probably thinking "oh no, this poor idiot just bought a disaster." Normally I would agree but I was there when the damage happened so it's not just a case of hear-say.

List of fairings/parts that I need replaced:
  • Nose fairing (Still have, destroyed)
  • Upper fairings left and right side (seller tossed them so unsalvageable)
  • Mid fairings left and right side (also tossed)
  • Turn signal fairings (not sure what they are really called but the little bulge-y things that sit in the nose fairing and hold the front turn signals, destroyed)
  • Plastic ram air tube covers, all 4 (tossed)
  • Rear right side turn signal bulb thing (sacrificed itself to save tail fairing)
  • Gas tank (local shop quoted me 1200 to fix the one I have and repaint. other shop quoted 1100. both ridiculous imo. wondering if cheaper to buy new, then keep as spare or sell)
  • New exhaust (doesn’t need to be OEM, just want to switch out these Voodoo pipes. way too loud)
  • Maybe HIDs since I need to take off and replace nose fairing anyway?
And that’s what I think I need, but I need to go over everything once again for damage I may not have seen. The engine, frame, forks, handle bars, levers, wheels and pretty much everything are all in great condition, fairings saved them all. Also somehow the radiator shrouds/surrounds are all in perfect condition, small piece of luck I guess.

I definitely want to go OEM and get the bike back to looking stock in terms of paint. The blue and white scheme is perfect imo. Any links to websites would be greatly appreciated.

For the curious, here is how the bike got damaged:

The dude I bought it from, henceforth called “Sellerâ€, is a friend of my friend, henceforth called “Friend.†Friend and I are hanging out at his place a few weeks ago watching football and Seller calls Friend to ask for help loading the busa on a trailer. Easy enough job.

Trailer is a brand new single golf cart trailer with wooden floor boards. We get the busa up there, and they proceed to use regular ratchet straps to tie down while I keep it mostly level. The front tire is just pinned to the railing of the trailer, i.e no wheel chock. The straps are looped on the forks at the very top under the handle bars. Looks like a bad idea, putting unnecessary stress on the ram air covers bending them and the surrounding fairings a bit. Seller doesn’t care so whatever, not gonna fight with him over this.

Friend and I get in our truck, and follow Seller out of the dead end alley. While pulling out of the alley Seller hits a pothole with the trailer. Busa drops a couple inches straight down, rebounds upward then violently slams down onto right side of the bike and trailer rail denting the gas tank and crushing the right fairing. We stop to help Seller out and find that the floor board under the front wheel cracked which was the drop we saw. Apparently this created enough slack that the ratchet strap on the left unhooked from the trailer, which is why the bike flung to the right when it rebounded. The extra length of the strap was tied to the trailer rail, so when the bike went down to the right, it pulled the strap tight and sliced through the fairings on the left. Silver lining is it may have kept the bike from going over the railing, but no way to really know.

1 part fluke, 1 part idiot. 100% preventable but also 100% cosmetic. We help furious Seller get Busa up and re-strapped and he takes it to his storage unit as was the plan. Fast forward to two days ago and Friend calls me saying Seller hates the Busa now and wants to sell. I jump on it. 2 grand. Absolute steal. He just wanted it gone. I figure with what I paid, plus new OEM parts, it’ll come out to 5k or so? Can’t beat that for essentially a new bike. Test rode it first, runs perfect. Infinitely smoother ride than my R1; wasn’t really expecting that much of difference. Love it.

So that’s that, now please help me get this thing back to beautiful!

Thanks for reading!
eh101

P.S. sorry mods if I posted in the wrong area. IMO there was a few different places this would fit.

It would help if we knew where you located, I have a great oem exhaust you can have if you were able to pick it up.

Are you planning on painting the plastics or are you looking for nearly new? Reason I ask is insurance company just bought me a bunch of new. I have the take offs that are in good shape, just need paint.

It would help if we knew where you located, I have a great oem exhaust you can have if you were able to pick it up.
Dang it I thought I had updated my profile. Guess I didn't hit save. West Texas, Midland to be exact.

Are you planning on painting the plastics or are you looking for nearly new? Reason I ask is insurance company just bought me a bunch of new. I have the take offs that are in good shape, just need paint.
I'm planning on going new. Combination of least amount of work and most likely to come out right the first time, you know?

Hello all,

I've been a lurker here for a few years since my brother bought a 2010 busa. This place has been great to find information on mods etc. Made this account in 2014 in order to be able to view attachments for some mod we were doing, can't remember what now lol.

TL;DR I need a bunch of OEM fairings for a 2009 white/blue/silver busa. Where do I buy?

Long version:

I just got an absolute steal on an 09 busa, the white/blue/silver one (FGF code I think?). 1,976 miles. The seller is one of those guys who buys things spur of the moment and never really uses it. But! There's a big catch: it needs a bunch of cosmetic work. I know you're probably thinking "oh no, this poor idiot just bought a disaster." Normally I would agree but I was there when the damage happened so it's not just a case of hear-say.

List of fairings/parts that I need replaced:
  • Nose fairing (Still have, destroyed)
  • Upper fairings left and right side (seller tossed them so unsalvageable)
  • Mid fairings left and right side (also tossed)
  • Turn signal fairings (not sure what they are really called but the little bulge-y things that sit in the nose fairing and hold the front turn signals, destroyed)
  • Plastic ram air tube covers, all 4 (tossed)
  • Rear right side turn signal bulb thing (sacrificed itself to save tail fairing)
  • Gas tank (local shop quoted me 1200 to fix the one I have and repaint. other shop quoted 1100. both ridiculous imo. wondering if cheaper to buy new, then keep as spare or sell)
  • New exhaust (doesn’t need to be OEM, just want to switch out these Voodoo pipes. way too loud)
  • Maybe HIDs since I need to take off and replace nose fairing anyway?
And that’s what I think I need, but I need to go over everything once again for damage I may not have seen. The engine, frame, forks, handle bars, levers, wheels and pretty much everything are all in great condition, fairings saved them all. Also somehow the radiator shrouds/surrounds are all in perfect condition, small piece of luck I guess.

I definitely want to go OEM and get the bike back to looking stock in terms of paint. The blue and white scheme is perfect imo. Any links to websites would be greatly appreciated.

For the curious, here is how the bike got damaged:

The dude I bought it from, henceforth called “Seller”, is a friend of my friend, henceforth called “Friend.” Friend and I are hanging out at his place a few weeks ago watching football and Seller calls Friend to ask for help loading the busa on a trailer. Easy enough job.

Trailer is a brand new single golf cart trailer with wooden floor boards. We get the busa up there, and they proceed to use regular ratchet straps to tie down while I keep it mostly level. The front tire is just pinned to the railing of the trailer, i.e no wheel chock. The straps are looped on the forks at the very top under the handle bars. Looks like a bad idea, putting unnecessary stress on the ram air covers bending them and the surrounding fairings a bit. Seller doesn’t care so whatever, not gonna fight with him over this.

Friend and I get in our truck, and follow Seller out of the dead end alley. While pulling out of the alley Seller hits a pothole with the trailer. Busa drops a couple inches straight down, rebounds upward then violently slams down onto right side of the bike and trailer rail denting the gas tank and crushing the right fairing. We stop to help Seller out and find that the floor board under the front wheel cracked which was the drop we saw. Apparently this created enough slack that the ratchet strap on the left unhooked from the trailer, which is why the bike flung to the right when it rebounded. The extra length of the strap was tied to the trailer rail, so when the bike went down to the right, it pulled the strap tight and sliced through the fairings on the left. Silver lining is it may have kept the bike from going over the railing, but no way to really know.

1 part fluke, 1 part idiot. 100% preventable but also 100% cosmetic. We help furious Seller get Busa up and re-strapped and he takes it to his storage unit as was the plan. Fast forward to two days ago and Friend calls me saying Seller hates the Busa now and wants to sell. I jump on it. 2 grand. Absolute steal. He just wanted it gone. I figure with what I paid, plus new OEM parts, it’ll come out to 5k or so? Can’t beat that for essentially a new bike. Test rode it first, runs perfect. Infinitely smoother ride than my R1; wasn’t really expecting that much of difference. Love it.

So that’s that, now please help me get this thing back to beautiful!

Thanks for reading!
eh101

P.S. sorry mods if I posted in the wrong area. IMO there was a few different places this would fit.

Looks like Kohltrain has most of what you need in the Classified section.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/part...rts-forecast-oem-bodywork-lights-exhaust.html

Back