Need Some Advice---Making An All White 09 Busa

goblinsix

Registered
Ok, so my idea is to remove all of the stickers and have the silver on the fairings (I have the white/silver color scheme) all done in white to match. I also want to have one of the good windscreens painted white to match as well. My idea is also to have the plastic side rails (between the gas tank and fairings) painted as well..white.

So with that said, is there anything I need to know from those of you who have been here and done this? I am not going to do it myself...too messy to do in my garage after reading the above stickey.

Will I have to have the whole bike painted to get an even match or only parts of it?

rims will also be white? switches, gauges, handlebars?? best of luck and looking forward to the finished product :thumbsup:

best to have whole bike painted unless you can get the color code of your white
it is quite a job to paint the dash and inner panels preparation is very long and
it must be smooth

I would spray the rims inside white and polish the inner rim and edge looks very nice and not to hard to keep clean as for the bubble yes color code it to white with a bit of silver kanji logo on the screen will look good to

here is my bike but all diffrent colors butt color coded:thumbsup:

18.10.2009.03 054.jpg

18.10.2009.02 032.jpg

best to have whole bike painted unless you can get the color code of your white
it is quite a job to paint the dash and inner panels preparation is very long and
it must be smooth

I would spray the rims inside white and polish the inner rim and edge looks very nice and not to hard to keep clean as for the bubble yes color code it to white with a bit of silver kanji logo on the screen will look good to

here is my bike but all diffrent colors butt color coded:thumbsup:

nice beast uve got there bro............

If you've painted before Go for it.. So your going to do the graphics in white(ghost affect)?
I saw a 1991 GXSR1100 Pearl White with White tiger strips.. VERY HOT idea...

Are the tank decals under the clear coat like gen1's? Would need a sand and repaint there also if so.

Ok, so my idea is to remove all of the stickers and have the silver on the fairings (I have the white/silver color scheme) all done in white to match. I also want to have one of the good windscreens painted white to match as well. My idea is also to have the plastic side rails (between the gas tank and fairings) painted as well..white.

So with that said, is there anything I need to know from those of you who have been here and done this? I am not going to do it myself...too messy to do in my garage after reading the above stickey.

Will I have to have the whole bike painted to get an even match or only parts of it?

just have a painter paint the inner panels and color match them through suzuki. Usually color rite owns the color codes and you will have to purchase through them. If you paint them try not to plan on taking them off alot because they will start chipping and all the corners will rub together where they fit and flake off. Other than that it should look good and hold up for a long time

Back