I need your opinion guys!!

kingbusa

Registered
I'm trying to decide if I need to paint the black dash panel on my 08 busa. I'm painting my busa with the lexus white pearl. Anyone has their 08 busa panle painted to match the fairing? Pictures will be great. Also I have a problem where the is one part of the dash panel still attach to the front cowling. And i don't know if I should bring it to the body shop to get painted like that. Any idea from the people who has painted their dash panel on 08 busa??

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

I haven't done any 08s yet but the Gen I's are similar. If going with custom paint I think having the dash panels painted makes for a much more professional looking job. Have them smoothed also. I never take out that piece under the windshield, I just paint it with the upper fairing. Most of my paint jobs I paint the windshield to match so you can't even see that part once together.

i can't get the panel under the windshield off. So, do you think they can just paint it like that or don't bother paint it? If i don't paint it it's gonna look odd when you piece them together awhere everything is white and the panel on top of the gauges is black still.

Personaly I would stick with a dark color for the dash. A light color will reflect more light into the windscreen and create more of a glare when looking through the screen.

i can't get the panel under the windshield off. So, do you think they can just paint it like that or don't bother paint it? If i don't paint it it's gonna look odd when you piece them together awhere everything is white and the panel on top of the gauges is black still.

They should be able to do either. They can mask if off if you don't want it painted. Or just leave it on there and have them paint it with the upper. They're not removable unless you break free the plastic welded rivets.

If I can't paint that panel then I think I'm just gonna leave the dash panel as it is. So my bike will be black and pearl white

Dont waste your time trying to take that piece off... The paint will cover all the areas you can see. Here is a pic of mine.

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

Last edited:
woodwheel, I've been looking all over for your bike pic. I knew I saw your pic somewhere. Nice looking color there. Did they paint that panel together with the cowl? Did they smoothen the panel? it looks your they didn't sanded your panel first.

woodwheel, I've been looking all over for your bike pic. I knew I saw your pic somewhere. Nice looking color there. Did they paint that panel together with the cowl? Did they smoothen the panel? it looks your they didn't sanded your panel first.

Thanks, the panel was painted while it was still attached. The panels are not smooth (on purpose). I wanted to keep it textured. The panel was lightly sanded (more like scuffed up) so the paint would stick but not enough to appear smooth. It doesn't take much for it to appear smooth; the paint will fill in the rest.

Sorry to be off topic but Woodwheel where did you find this piece? I've been looking for one in black and can't find one anywhere.

Untitled-1.jpg

Back