Air Force Overseas, New Busa, Need Parts Help....

KoolKat

Registered
What's up everyone?
I'm stationed overseas and ordering parts for my brand new busa is a B**ch!!!  I'm trying to get some chrome parts for it.  Can anyone recommend me some online sites that do ship overseas?  If you know of any local ones near your area that wouldn't mind shipping, let me know too.  But next is the infamous question:  What exhaust should I get?  I love the yoshimura look, but haven't had the luxury of hearing it?  I'd like a deep muscle sound vs. a screaming one.  I'd also like to go full system, 2 into 1.  Any ideas will be definitely welcomed.
Thanks everyone!!!
P.S. Is there any way around getting frame sliders for the '04 (silver/chrome prefferably) without having to cut the faring?

Bike__2_.JPG

where you at overseas? i know few people in kuwait & have some connection. i have the yosh system on my busa & GSXR1000 & i love it. about the frame sliders on the busa you have to drill & cut the fairings, there is no way around it.

I'm in Germany. So does the yosh system have that rumored nice deep sound? I kinda figured that about the frame sliders, I don't think that'll be too much of a big deal though. You mentioned having connection...!? With ordering, or with friends in the Desert?

Very nice bike, not sure of chrome shops that ship overseas. As far as exhaust you should go either with the muzzy or HMF Bigbird. Both get HP gains and have deep raspy sounds. Happy hunting and be safe.

BD:;):

Dawg has yer 6.......Muzzy or HMF BigBird.....I run the BigBird, and have heard many others.......nothing sounds like a BigBird.
Try John Reed at www.sportchrome.com for your chrome needs.....his work is top notch......super nice dude.......not sure if he ships overseas.......won't hurt to ask!!!

KoolKat,

WELCOME and good choice on the BUSA!
wink.gif

I would love to have my Busa over in Germany on the autobahn. Anyway......

Most places will ship overseas but you first need to figure out what system you want before we can take care of getting it to you. The Yosh systems are nice but I will have to say BDE GEN III(www.brockdavidson.com/) by far the nicest and best sounding I have seen/heard. The most bang for the buck as well!

What part of Germany are you in and how soon are you looking to get an exhaust system?

The reason I ask is I am stationed in Dayton OH(where BDE is located) and my parents live in Germany, right by Ramstein. If you can't get anyone to send the system you want overseas to you, my parents will probably be coming this summer to visit me on a military hop! I could talk to my Dad and he would probably bring whatever system you want back to Germany with him when he returns.
biggrin.gif

Let me know what you have in mind. Shoot me an email at home if you don't have any luck getting what you want shipped. joshua.barton@sbcglobal.net

Later,

Josh
cool.gif

G-B's right.....BDE for all around pipe......does everything well.
Haven't heard it myself, so don't know how deep/rumbly the sound is!!!

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to say thanks real quick to everyone (without getting mushy
tounge.gif
) for all your input. We only have a few riders out here that truly get into modifying their bikes and our knowledge is limited. The germans aren't allowed to modify their bikes as much as we are so their mechanics don't know squat which hurts even more. So even if we only get to communicate with some "fellow" americans through the net, it means a ton to us, especially when you far from "home". So from all of us here: THANKS!!!
blush.gif

Welcome to the board, KoolKat! I am trying to figure out what exhaust to get myself, but I think you will be happy with any of the ones talked about here. There are plenty of people on this board, lots of opinions, but even better is the amount of information available. I'm sure you will enjoy it! Take it easy out on the Autobahn!

I'm in Germany.  So does the yosh system have that rumored nice deep sound?  I kinda figured that about the frame sliders, I don't think that'll be too much of a big deal though.  You mentioned having connection...!?  With ordering, or with friends in the Desert?
i like the way yosh sounds, but the is pipes are alot louder then the yosh but some of them don't sound good, i heard a busa with D&D exhaust, me personly i didn't like it. about the connection, i have few friends there they are contractors for the militery, working for ITT & CSI. try
i think they will ship overseas. if not i can try to find you some other websites.

I have the Yoshi TRI TI and it sounds great. It also was very easy on the wallet. Where are you at in Germany? I will be there the 10th thru the 25th of June. Who do you have your insurance thru?

T

I'm near K-Town, which is about 1hr from Frankfurt. What brings you to Germany if you don't mind me asking? I got USAA myself. Not too bad, who do you have?

Back