Will a little regular gas hurt the bike at all?

Yup, those old first Gen junkers will run with piss water in them. A fine high performance motored Gen 2 requires 93 octane like a fine woman needs good wine! We all know Gen 2 is where its at!:laugh:

I heard 87 octane was what they say to run. The bike is tuned for it from what I heard. Will I got a bug about running the best gas in my bike so I would run 93. My bike seemed a little doggy on the take offs I had to give it that little extra, but thought that was the norm.

Today I tried 87 octane because of reading some of the posts. Well crap my bike is running better now. All low end hesitation is gone. I was shocked and told my brother to test the bike. He rides it all the time, but I didn't tell him about the gas. After 3 or 4 stoplights he pulled up to me and asked if I did something to the bike. Told him about the gas and he too was shocked.

I am sold 87 octane for me...

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, those old first Gen junkers will run with piss water in them. A fine high performance motored Gen 2 requires 93 octane like a fine woman needs good wine! We all know Gen 2 is where its at!:laugh:

Hey! I like my gen 1 junker...and I only take a leak in the tank when there's 93 so it won't get spoiled! :laugh:

Nah, its just our bikes are less prissy and arent high maintenance :moon:

I have run tank after tank of 87 in my 08. I have never herd it ping of anything. Of course I have never ran it wide open just on long trips. On the times I think I might be getting after it a few times I make sure I run the 93. I have done this from day one and my bike has 17K on with no issues. It was a thread on it a while back. Here are a few links in the search that might help https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/search.php?searchid=2435020

come back when you roll the odometer like some of the gen 1 junkers around here have done...

annnnndddddd keep track of your gas receipts so we can highlight the extra $$$ you've spent to get your odometer readings :laugh:

The manual for my Gen 1 ('05) states, on page 1-5: "Use only unleaded gasoline of at least 87 pump octane ((R+M)/2) method or 91 octane or higher rated by the research method."

Maybe someone can chime in on the Gen 2.

My bike mechanic said that middle octane gas is just fine for the Gen 2. He said don't waste your money on the high octane...has no added benefits to it...and been running it for over 6months now and everything is fine...

Back