Will a little regular gas hurt the bike at all?

BUSA CRUSEN

Registered
I rode around Mt. Rainier today and I usually fill up at the last town with gas before you get the 70 or 80 miles of mountains with no gas stations in sight. Today the place was out of premium so me and my buddy decided to just go for it and see what happens. Luckily we made it, but the trip wasn't as enjoyable as it could've been if I wasn't worrying about running out of gas the for most of the trip. No cell service at all up there.

So I am just curious if a gallon or two would be fine for the bike in situations like this.

Ride it easy and you will be fine. No WOT!!

sent from Bama using tapatalk

I've done it once in a pinch, with just enough to get me to the next station. The one station I could make it to only sold 87. It worked out alright, but I wouldn't wanna make a habit of it. Like Bret said, just take it easy.

I rode around Mt. Rainier today and I usually fill up at the last town with gas before you get the 70 or 80 miles of mountains with no gas stations in sight. Today the place was out of premium so me and my buddy decided to just go for it and see what happens. Luckily we made it, but the trip wasn't as enjoyable as it could've been if I wasn't worrying about running out of gas the for most of the trip. No cell service at all up there.

So I am just curious if a gallon or two would be fine for the bike in situations like this.

I am guessing you have a Gen2 right?

heh I've put something less than 87 in my gen 1 once when we were making a late night run through Custer State park and it ran just fine.... of course it was pitch black out with crazy wild life and even wilder roads we didnt even try for WOT :laugh:

*side note, never try to run Needles Hwy at night :whistle:

I've been real lucky around here so far. The 93 octane is alcohol free. So i might be paying extra for the high octane but at least I'm not paying in the mileage department.

Seems to me the preignition issue would be worse when it's really hot. These motors are so under loaded though I would be surprised if a tank or two mattered. I suppose you could carry a bottle of octane boost if you were going into an area where getting 93 was an issue. I am curious has anyone used that stuff?

I've had to do it on a couple of occasions and never had an issue. My 08 didn't even run differently. I wouldn't make a habit out of it though. The only thing I noticed was a mile or two drop in mpg's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have run 89 in mine several times and even road it pretty hard, It will be alright

87 octane on the Gen 1 from when it came off the show room floor in 2006 and still running it. Boy them 93 octane folks hate me. :rofl:

Running it from time to time won't hurt anything. Running it all the time won't be good for it, but w/e. My car calls for 93. I've been running 87 for 140k miles. If you can't get 93, go with what you can find. What else are you going to do? :D

Grip it and rip it.

running 87 gas in a busa might cause serious damage. in fact, it may cause the engine to disintegrate into thousands of parts in only a few miles. but if you use 93 gas, everything will be perfect and gold will be at the end of every rainbow. so proceed with caution.

Back