Will a 180-55-17 Rear fit?

drfbusa

Registered
Will a 180-55-17 Rear fit. I saw a deal at a local place for a Qualifier in this size. I use my busa primarily for sport touring. no dragging for me.

any one got pix? will the skinnier tire make the bike look anemic?

THanks

A 180 will fit, most knee carvers preferr it for better conering.

(Rhythm @ Sep. 01 2007,16:32) A 180 will fit, most knee carvers preferr it for better conering.
+1

It will fit just fine.

It's only 1 cm narrower than stock - most folks probably won't notice it...

I don't know if I would use it if you are mostly touring. I have one on my Busa right now and love it in the twisties. But on the highway, it isn't as stable.

post_67_39113_101_3225__Large_.jpg

They are all so close to looks you probly won't notice the diff. in looks.

i recently put a 180 on mine. i love it. i can notice a small difference in width but not enough to sway my decision to go back to a 190.

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 01 2007,22:35)  I have one on my Busa right now and love it in the twisties.
You like to ride twisty's ? Looking at your tire you could never tell, LOL !!!!!!!!!!

NO happy meals on those bad boys !!

i love th3 180 for twistys but they dont last as long. the 190/200 for cruzing do well. but do stay with the 180/55/17 if you do go with the 180.....
super.gif

Most are using 190/55 now. the only reason alot of us that like twisties we're using the 180/55 is because till not long ago none of the major manufactures made a 190/55 street tire.

But to answer your question, it will run fine, and it's such a small difference even if it's parked right next to a busa with a 190 tire you'd be hard pressed to see the difference.

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 01 2007,21:35) I don't know if I would use it if you are mostly touring.  I have one on my Busa right now and love it in the twisties.  But on the highway, it isn't as stable.
It that is because you wore of both sides of it at the Track?

Just go with the 190/55...the profile you want with better fitment.

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 01 2007,22:35) I don't know if I would use it if you are mostly touring.  I have one on my Busa right now and love it in the twisties.  But on the highway, it isn't as stable.
Good info about tires, I think I'll go with a 180/55 as well.

Did you flip your axle around or do American bikes have the nut on the RHS?

190/55 is better for the twisty stuff, but a 180/55 will always be the cheaper tire. If your motivated by money, just get the 180/55.

i ordered the 190/55/17's and front,I just ordered some galfer wave rotors,brake lines and pads with Mellisa (got a great deal) so i will have the tires mounted when i pull them off for that install

How's THIS for some fresh "meat"?
super.gif

DSC05501.jpg

190/55/17 Qualifier, just got it mounted!

Can't wait to get it scrubbed in and down on it's big 'ol sloping shoulders...
biggrin.gif

DSC05495.jpg

P.S.- Now my speedometer is only 4 MPH off at 70 instead of 8 MPH!!
smile.gif
That's what 6/10ths more diameter comes out to...

Back