Tire price thread

Qualifiers: 292.36 + shipping

Most places don't even have em.
sad.gif

I've used up my fair share of tires on the Busa and tried many different ones.

Alright, just got a call, $235, that's better.

The M1s, seemed alright, not great, but alright, front tire makes a noise that makes it sound like the trans is having issues, happens around 40mph on deceleration.

Pilot sports worked good, good mileage and grip was decent but expensive no matter where I got em from.

Dunlop 208ZR: Good grip, milage avg, priced right.

Bridgestone: BT56, actually a good tire, soft compound, on the front, the groove makes it want to follow seams in the road. Didn't like the front, profile not sharp enough, too round. I know they have an BT014,haven't tried em. From what I've seen they're about on par with the 208ZR.

Pirelli's: I'll I've used is the med compound slicks, excellent grip. The one downside I've heard of is that when they lose grip, it's gone and you will crash.

I road raced for a few years on Dunlop 208GPs, great grip, predictable, consistant. No complaints.

I don't think any of the current street tires have enough grip for my tastes? That's why I'm trying the Qualifiers, some of the top privateers tested them and gave them good reviews for grip and wear. The moto mag guys were also there and liked them also.

I'll let you guys know what I think of em soon.

To be continued......

dont have any price's but does anyone run a 200 series tire on the back and do you have any problems with it?
rock.gif

Has anyone bought any of ebay? Here is what I found..

$289.00  + $12 shipping for a set of PP
$245.00  + $19 shipping for M-3's

The M-3's are a better price by about 20-30 than I have found in my 20 min of looking....Just thought I would throw that out there..they all all new tires too
I just bought my M3's off Aloha Powersports on ebay. $234.95 +25 for shipping. Best price I was able to find at the time.

Cycle Gear ran a special a few months ago - set of Pilot Powers - $170.00 - Great deal

dont have any price's but does anyone run a 200 series tire on the back and do you have any problems with it?
rock.gif
I run the 200 Maxxiss and the only issue I have had was with the chain barely rubbing only when I put on an after market chain. The stock chain was fine. Tire wear is awsome with them if your not doing track days everyday. Took one off at 6000 miles, and it wasnt at the wear bars yet. And yes, you can turn with a 200.

Nostripssmall.JPG

Ha ha

I got the M-3's TMD $264 off of Ebay.

<!--EDIT|unkleslapnutz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149442429 -->

Back