Yellow Box Settings

super851

Registered
Hi all , got my yellow box installed, thanks for the help and the pictures, now, if anyone out there have the settings for the following set up:

17 front spkt, 42 rear spkt, Metzler Sportech M1's 120 70 front 190 55 rear both 17 inch. Again thanks for your help

It is easier to borrow a GPS and set it accordingly. If that fails, ask a cop to clock you.

Thanks for the suggestions, don't have gps (where can I get one) for some reason California, do they have mile makers?
blush.gif

What is the normal set up for the yellow box when you haven't done anything to the bike yet (totally stock)

Use the highway milemarkers to determine how far off your bike's speedometer is.....
Find a mile marker pull over, reset trip odometer to zero when next to mile marker. Go 3-5 miles (by markers) stop next to sign. Compare actual to your odometer... Use chart provided by Yellow Box to calibrate your speedometer! Done....
smile.gif

I understand the mile maker theory, but for some reason, in the area of California that I live they do not exist or I have not found them. So my next thing is to buy/rent a gps unit. Any suggestions?

You could even use a stop watch, tape measure or yard stick, & your best friend! Remember this simple equation; Speed= Distance divided by Time. Best to remember there are 5280 feet in a mile....

14% high? for a stock set up? 17" front and 42" rear is basic stock sprocket size right?

why is it off 7% more if nothings changed? or am I crazy and the rear is 40" stock
rock.gif
:confused

14% high?  for a stock set up? 17" front and 42" rear is basic stock sprocket size right?

why is it off 7% more if nothings changed?  or am I crazy and the rear is 40" stock
rock.gif
  :confused
42 is +2 in the rear. Stock is 17/40 so the gear change will make your speedo off 14% high.
The bike stock will have a 5/7% high reading.

<!--EDIT|blas32
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083854533 -->

yeh, my bad, i have a 16T in the front.
I was told my bike is off a total of close to 17%
is that close? will the speedohealer change and fix that?

Yes, it will fix it. And 17% is about right with a 16/40 setup. My Busa was off 19% with a 16/42 gearing...all done with a GPS at 60 and 80 mph by the way.

I have mine set at 16% just picked up a gps from Radio Shack $99.00 and small plus waterproof, so I will check my settings on the way home from work. Thanks for the help and info.:D

Is the 7% high shown across the entire range of the speedo, or is it only applied in the higher speed ranges.

Sorry...noob question.

Jay

Back