Gear Change/Yellow Box

super851

Registered
I'm about to change front and rear sprocket as well as my chain, I'm going with 17 front, 42 rear and a TSubaki Sigma. My question is; Will my speedo get worse, do I need the yellow box, and does it really works? Thanks for anya and all input

Don't Tsubaki master links come with the clip-type master link?
rock.gif
If so, I would try to deter you from purchasing the Tsubaki. Depends on what your needs are, but you're better off with an EK or D.I.D. chain. As far as the speedo is concerned, you are definitely headed in the right direction with a yellow box.

Brian

Thanks Brian, I never use a clip on master link always revited. Thus far I've had good luck with the tsubaki, once you put it on you only have to make tension adjustment once for the life of the chain (12 to 15k hard riding twisties) and the question again; do the yellow boxes work?
cool.gif

I was also wondering what kind of % change can the yellow box adjust? Stock the speedo is about 7% off with gearing change someone told me it will be about 10% off will the yellow box rectify a 10% change.

YEp, if you change your sprockets you are going to have a deviation in your speedo. So the yellow box mod is gonna be needed. I think it runs about $100 as for the install I'm not sure i have the instructions for it but they are also online. I've got one I'm going to install in the next couple of weeks I'll post the pics up afterwards if you want them.

Ez smeezee......... Speedo Healer or Yellow box! I've got a yellow box, it goes on the left side of the bike down by the speed sensor pickup. I think this is a group of three wires.... Using the chart supplied with the Yellow Box makes adjusting easy. Pick any road with milage signs and your good to go. Stop at road marker, reset your trip odometer, take off.... go at least 3-5 miles using the road signs (keep track). Compare to your speedometer. This give you the difference....... use chart and flip switches, Done!
smile.gif

My sugegestion would be the speedohealer. Easy to install. Very clear instructions. and the owner of the company will email you the exact calcuclations if you want him to. Plus its only $69.00 at cal sportbikes.com
cool.gif

Back