Wilbers Custom Racing Suspension

WilbersUSA

Registered
Hey everybody. I'm from Wilbers USA. We just came back from the NYC Motorcycle Show and had a lot of interest from the Hayabusa crowd. We are the sole distributors in the U.S. of the German built custom suspension company, Wilbers Racing Suspension.

Many people haven't heard of us, but I am willing to set the record straight on who we are, how good our product is, and the many things we can do for you Hayabusa riders. If anyone has questions email me or post, and I will post back ASAP. I'm excited to working close with you guys. Here's a look at what the Hayabusa bells and whistles shock will look like.

643Q625629AG.jpg

<!--EDIT|WilbersUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140382704 -->

Photo doesn't show up...dang work computers...

you got some price points for us?
rock.gif
also any kinda group discount
smile.gif

We are offering a special price for the Hayabusa since we are just touching base with the Hayabusa riders.

You will be able to customize it the way you want it. We build the spring for just you, or you and a passenger, and the valving for your riding style. From there you have two models to pick from and you can add any of the options I mention.

640 Model - Has rebound damping only, price is $516
or
643 model - Has rebound damping and High and Low speed compression damping on a horizontal piggyback reservoir, price is $730.

You can add any one or all of these options:

option 625 - Hydraulic Pre-load adjuster, price is $180
option 629 - Ride height adjuster, price is $65

5-year warranty on all our shocks, which is the highest of any custom shock company, we recommend a rebuild between 20-30K miles to keep up with warranty, and a rebuild is priced at around $100. We can also lower the bikes seat height permanently at no extra cost.

they look cool...but we're poor people. Is that as good as it gets pricewise? and does that include shipped to our doors?

have a good 1...thanks for joinin' up. RSD.

Pricewise thats as good as it gets. If we got together a significant group buy we would be willing to go down another 5%. But for $730, which is the price 15% off less our retail, for a high quality shock with rebound and high and low speed damping, built to the specifications of the rider, it's a great price.

The price is the price shipped to your door.

<!--EDIT|WilbersUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138746559 -->

I'd hate to be the one to say it, but here it goes... Your shock looks pretty cool I guess. Thats about all we know about it. I haven't heard of any real world tests on the product as of yet.

Being in the market for an upgraded suspension myself I would have to consider Ohlins. Your price is far to close to the price of the Ohlins counterpart to take a risk on something that has not earned quality reviews yet.

My suggestion, (and take it for what it's worth) would be an introductory price or a group buy atempt to get the product out there.

I'd hate to be the one to say it, but here it goes... Your shock looks pretty cool I guess. Thats about all we know about it. I haven't heard of any real world tests on the product as of yet.

Being in the market for an upgraded suspension myself I would have to consider Ohlins. Your price is far to close to the price of the Ohlins counterpart to take a risk on something that has not earned quality reviews yet.

My suggestion, (and take it for what it's worth) would be an introductory price or a group buy atempt to get the product out there.
We understand that everyone is more familiar with Ohlins' products. The prices I have quoted are discounted prices and we can not go under Dealer prices. For a group buy situation I would offer 5% more.

We brought Wilbers into the U.S. from Europe 4 years ago, and have used an on hands approach, and have let our products speak for themselves, instead of mass advertising. Wilbers Racing Suspension has been around for almost two decades in Europe and is quite popular over there. They have a race team which races Suzuki bikes, and do very well.

When we came over here we had to start out by marketing towards the bikes that were in demand for a more inexpensive high quality shock that can be tailored to their needs. BMW bikes is what we started going after, and then started to work our way across to other brands and certain kinds of bikes. We couldn't just come over to the U.S. with no one ever hearing of the German company and start trying to sell to Hayabusa riders, Zx-10r's, R1's and so forth with Ohlins having a grip on them.

We understand notoriety is important to people, but you have to start somewhere, and just b/c we are new to the U.S. market, doesn't mean our product doesn't surpass the competition. I can only be honest and say our shocks are a great piece of workmanship. They are all built to specs in Germany. We have people who say we are better than Ohlins, and we have people who say they can't tell the difference between us. Basically our advantage is we let you choose what you want and what you don't want as I wrote in another post. It can be as cheap as $516 which is extremely lower than Ohlins or you can choose more options or a model with High and Low speed damping that is still lower than Ohlins. We offer a 5 year warranty, Ohlins has a 1 year. I have had too many people tell me their shock started leaking oil at 4000 miles with their ohlins shock but they had the shocks on 3 years. You wouldn't be covered with them, but you would be with us.

After 20-30k is your first suggested rebuild, which is only $100 and we get it back out to you within a week. Our service is great. We are willing to do alot for the customer when it comes to customizing the shock, and I am going to spend my time answering everyones questions on here.

<!--EDIT|WilbersUSA
Reason for Edit: "misspelling"|1138754301 -->

Interesting, I will tag this subject and look at giving you guys a try when I finish my other mods. I like your personnal approach ! And if you can custom a shock for me and my bike for Long Distance travel, then I am very interested !
cool.gif

Where in Jersey are you? I believe your product is of quality although I don't feel comfortable being a guinea pig with a new product that is marketed so close to the competitor. Can you offer a satisfaction garantee?

Where in Jersey are you? I believe your product is of quality although I don't feel comfortable being a guinea pig with a new product that is marketed so close to the competitor. Can you offer a satisfaction garantee?
this guys a tuff customer...smard bastid too...

If you can sell him,the rest might follow
bowdown.gif

he's got a great jab,good on the ropes too...

boxer.gif

this guys a tuff customer...smard bastid too...

If you can sell him,the rest might follow
bowdown.gif

he's got a great jab,good on the ropes too...
Thanks Rub. I just like to cover all bases before making a change to my machine. Like I mentioned Im sure they are of quality but not sure if I can pull the trigger just yet with out the knowledge of what I was getting into.

Trust me I would love for these units to be better than Ohlins and cost less. Wouldn't anyone?

Very
cool.gif
 more competition  in the suspension market  
biggrin.gif

Now all I need is some money  
biggrin.gif

What about the front forks?  Do you offer anything up there or is rear shock only?

Welcome to the board!!

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138764832 -->

biggrin.gif

We are located in Englshtown, NJ. As I wrote before you are far from a guinea pig to a new product, considering it's been around for in Europe, but just recently made landfall over here.

We are located in Englshtown, NJ. As I wrote before you are far from a guinea pig to a new product, considering it's been around for in Europe, but just recently made landfall over here.
Thats cool. I raced at Etown. Im 40 minutes away. Do you have a shop I can swing by and check stuff out? Do you install? I may spoil myself and ride up and have it done. Im tired of wrenchin'.

Any thought about offering a groupby for your 640 Model with Option 629 & Front Fork kit setup for rider weight / riding style for $600.00 Delivered?

I know it's below what your asking, but it might get a few people to try your product and give some reviews to other members, without breaking the bank on a product most of us haven't heard much, if anything about.

The website isn't fully done yet. We have some basic information and pictures on there, but we have someone working on a much better format to get things looking the way it should.

<!--EDIT|WilbersUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138772785 -->

Back