Race Tech suspension

2hip

Registered
Any you guys upgraded to Race Tech suspension? Looking at upgrading my suspension on the Busa and Ohlins prices are staggering for front and back. So wondering if any one has installed RT? Any comments about customer service and product usage review much appreciated.

I have installed race tech gold valves for the front and rear ohlins.Its a good combination:thumbsup:

I run full front and rear Race Tech, to me it's like Ohlins minus about $3000 bucks. It is fully dialed in for my weight and riding needs and I couldn't be more satisfied. Touring, twisties and track days, the bomb. Raydog

At our level of riding there is little to be gained by adding expensive suspension parts. The cheap stuff works just fine.

However, there is a reason Ohlins is so expensive! Even in club racing you'll find Ohlins suspension on most every bike with the top five racers.

At our level of riding there is little to be gained by adding expensive suspension parts. The cheap stuff works just fine.

However, there is a reason Ohlins is so expensive! Even in club racing you'll find Ohlins suspension on most every bike with the top five racers.

But that little gained feels quite nice. :laugh::beerchug:

cheers
ken

All my life I've always been the sixth guy.

then i guess i'm the seventh :thumbsup: love my Race Tech equipped forks...upgraded the springs for my weight, gold valves, etc...it handles everything that my level of ability can throw at it and rides sooo much better :beerchug:

Race Tech works great, Just done my forks with new RT springs and all, And going to send my shock to Kent in a couple of weeks, Talk to this guy here 706-253-1148 Kent, He is one of Racetech's main distributors and he is great to deal with and has a 24 hour turnaround and you can actually get a hold of him when you call him, You cannot ever get a hold of Racetech thereself and always have to leave a message and they might call you back and they might not.

http://www.gmdatl.com/index.htm

Here is his website

I'm going to swing by Corona this week on my way down to see my kids and give them a little visit and leave secretions on everything I touch...just makes my nipples hard to see good hardware...:whistle:

I had Lindemann engineering do the suspension on my Busa and ZX-10R. I like doing business where the man in charge is the name of the company. Jim answers the phone and they deliver when they promise. Pretty much the same $$ as racetech just a smaller outfit.

Motorcycle Race Suspension - Lindemann Engineering

When I was shopping around for that stuff I was getting close to having racetech do it but I decided to go with LE. The deciding factor for me was I was told by a current motorcycle journalist/ex-racer that he had shops that would do his suspension for free but he would rather pay Jim Lindemann to do it. I've read some stuff on the net and I guess Jim has sold the company and has remained behind as a consultant. While I was totally happy with them I will probably go with whoever is geographically closer to me in the future and supports the organizations I ride with.

I have been running the Race tech Dialed for my weight for about 2 years and love it.

Aftermarket suspension upgrades do make a difference. I especially see it when I ride two up in how the bike handles much better. I once heard Japan designs the bike & suspension for a 150 lb rider. Probably a much lower weight for the average busa rider.

I have been running the Race tech Dialed for my weight for about 2 years and love it.

You don't dial your suspension in for your weight. You add heavier springs if you are a heavyweight to compensate for sag. You can't dial in springs, they are what they are. You can only control them with hydraulics.

You "Dial" your suspension for your performance level. It's a leap frog effect. As your skill level improves your suspension should be adjusted to effectively fit your needs until your stock suspension runs out of adjustments. At that point, you have a use for high performance suspension. Up to that point your stock suspension works just fine!

Example: Ross DeLong owns the track record in Seattle on a GSXR1000 with Ohins suspension (Front and rear) with a lap time of 1:23:43. Ross climbs on his stock GSXR1K street bike on stock suspension and runs a 1:27:00. It's the rare street rider who can effectively reach sub-forties with most running between 1:40 & 1:50.

My point is, it takes skill to utilize high performance suspension. High Performance suspension is designed for high performance riding. If you climbed aboard Ross DeLong's race bike it would ride like a turd unless you had the skills to ride the beast as its designed. However, if you reach the speeds in which the bike is set up to perform well, you'd find it rides like an angel sent from heaven.

So in my view, us mere mortals would be better advised to spend our excess cash on improving our riding ability over investing in high performance suspension that may only be useable in dreams.

Tuf, I agree your point is not only educated sound advice..but one of experience. I hate that i am a dreamer:laugh:

I have a front gold valve kit and .95 springs, i'll sell you and you can install yourself.. :thumbsup:

Back