Wife is looking at a new SUV-

Steering American GIF by Namaste Car

Saiid , knows his ~ Ford stuff *

Changed over the wheels on the wife's buggy today, washed it and took it to fuel it up....

Crazy to believe the lug nuts need 160ft/lbs to torque them........

When I put it in sport mode it gets pretty frisky, it must have two maps it uses and the non-sport map is a sort of economy one as it is pretty soft. It even sounds different on sport mode.

Not a bad buggy but it sure isn't my Ram....

Last edited:
Changed over the wheels on the wife's buggy today, washed it and took it to fuel it up....

Crazy to believe the lug nuts need 160ft/lbs to torque them........

When I put it in sport mode it gets pretty frisky, it must have two maps it uses and the non-sport map is a sort of economy one as it is pretty soft. It even sounds different on sport mode.

Not a bad buggy but it sure isn't my Ram....
It is a different map that changes shift points and other things.
Does it have the paddle shifters behind wheel? Try those if it does.

It does as it's an ST......

There are a few features that I like of which the wife will never, ever use.......like the sport mode for instance....she will never have it in sport mode.
Try flipping the levers and changing gears. It’s quick like a Ferrari!
Quickest way to get it into power band for a pass is to do a double down shift on the paddle. Flip flip and you’re there. Using the pedal takes a bit longer and by then the gap is gone.

Yes they are anti-speed as a general rule. The Power/sports mode typically just effects the shift points in the auto box and only comes into play when you need extra power in a hurry, like to avoid an accident. I hate being driven by women, I truly do.

It's been a week since I drove my pick up....I went out the municipal office today which is all back roads....I forgot just how quickly this Ram accelerates....it's no Bumblebee but for a big heavy truck it takes off with authority...

I noticed more as I dialed up the Pedal Commander....that along with the Diablo piggyback ECU, Vararam intake, exhaust system and factory 3:92 gears makes this thing really quick.

Back