Wife down

Spike

Donating Member
Registered
Well my wife got her first real accident out of the way. Before you even ask it, yes she is fine.

Every day we have gone a little further, a little faster and today we pushed as far as we ever have. On her Ninja 250 and me on my Hayabusa we took off for the "country." Long story short, about 20 miles into the trip we were a little lost (she was leading) so she turned into a parking lot of a church. There was a cop sitting in the church parking lot, looked like a speed trap. About halfway into the turn she accidentally hit the gas and the turn went WAY Wide. She slammed the bike into the curb and high-sided it. She flipped over the right side, the bike skidded only about 10 feet along the curb. The concrete base of a lightpost stopped her head and she landed on her back in some bushes.
sad.gif

I pretty much slid the busa sideways into a stop and the cop ran over. I lifted her visor and checked her eyes. She was a little dazed. The cop asked her how many fingers he had up, she laughed and said "1". We helped her up after checking her out to make sure she was ok. She was fine, just dazed.

She of course was more concerned about about her bike.

It was lying on it's left size with a growing pool of liquid under it. I touched it... oil. Crap. The cop helped me lift it. It turns out when the bike went down it hit the oil cap where you add oil to the engine and popped it out. The right side is of course completely scrapped. It will need new fairings. The cop stayed with her while I ran up the road and bought more oil. I filled it up when I got back and it fired right up. I offered to get the car and bring it back so she could drive it home. She looked straight at me and said "I will not let this defeat me."

And then it started to rain. *sigh* *I* haven't ever ridden in rain that hard before and I have been riding for years.

She said "dammit I am riding this thing home."

She did. She is one hell of a woman. She crashed, dusted herself off, got back on and drove home in inclement weather. Now she is eager to get it cleaned up and back on the road tomorrow. I wish I was as tough as her. I took her out to dinner and now she is finishing her first bottle of wine to kill the pain in her ribs. We are lucky they weren't broken.

GEAR saved the day. The visor on the helmet is scrapped, the helmet needs replaced. No obvious damage except major scratches but I am not taking chances. Her jacket, mesh Alpinestar, is roughed up but still looking good.

Anyway, just thought you guys might like the story. I will try and get some pictures.

Keep the rubber side down folks.

Glad she is ok, and for the most part the bike is also.

Good for her getting back on. that as we all know is the best way to handle it..
beerchug.gif

Kudo's to her for getting back on that bad boy and taking it to the house! I know some dudes that wouldn't do it under the same exact circumstances! Now you just gotta fix the Ninja and get her back out on the road.

Glad she's alright too!

Good read!
beerchug.gif

Damn
sad.gif
Sorry to hear that she went down. Glad that it wasn't worse, sounds like she might be a keeper
tounge.gif

I remember the thread where she wanted a NEW Gixxer 600...these kind of accidents can even happen to a experienced rider. Just take it
slow and as she becomes more comfortable she will be able to handle more difficult rides.

LOL good one CBX. Thanks for the good wishes guys:) She says thank you! (Kinda irritated I told everyone it happened too, lol)

(Charlesbusa @ Apr. 21 2007,18:05) Glad to hear she is OK  
beerchug.gif

Its pretty impressive to highside a ninja 250  
wow.gif

poke.gif

laugh.gif
Impressive yes. Also scary as hell when you are the one watching your loved one do it. hehe, I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Glad she is ok.

Good for her to get back on and ride it out of there.
beerchug.gif

Glad she is OK. What size lid she wear? I have some Shoei's collecting dust.
The only one I would want cash for would be the RF1000. I think it's a small. it's the red nerve.

"She of course was more concerned about about her bike".

Yep, she's a biker.......Glad she's o.k.

Back