Wife's Accident

katman

Registered
Sorry I did not sare this sooner but this has been a hectic week. Last weekend April 15 my wife and I were out riding with some frends. We had riden most of the afternoon and we stoped for supper after which we were all going to go our separet ways. On the way home we were crossing the Corpus Christi Harbor bidge when I noticed a large 4x4 pickup diving eraticly. I managed to get passed it along with the two other frends of ours but my wife never caught up to us as we exited the bridge. I stoped and waited a minute and turned back to look for her. Too make a long story short she had been side swiped by the 4x4 as she exited the bridge. She was traveling 55 to 60 mph and she was nocked unconsious by the impact.

She was taken to a near by hospital where thank god her worst injuty was a seperated left shoulder and some deep rash on her left knee. She is doing well now just sore. Her gear saved her life. She was wearing a Joe Rocket phenix jacket which took a beating but held up and of course her helmet and gloves. Here are some pics of the aftermath.

-Rey

Bike1

Wow, sorry to hear about that bro! Glad the injuries were minor and she's okay. Gear is a great thing! Keep us updated about how she's doing.

whew glad she is ok , good on her to wear that gear too. keep us posted
beerchug.gif

glad she is ok! Really surprised how well that mesh jacket held up. I hope the truck got caught.

Thank your lucky stars you aren't part of the "I don't wear a full face helmet cause I'm too cool for school" Harley riding club. That could have been bad news! Those are still some nasty bruises you got dear! Good luck on the recovery!!

I hope you recover quickly.

My wife rides also. I can't imagine what I would do if she went down. I for one would have liked to have a "chat" with the 4X4 driver.

Was it an hit and run?

Chris

Thanks guys, no it was not a hit and run but my wife was rushed to the hospital and I did not stick around I went with her. The 4x4 guys will be delt with later. She was my first priority.

I am feeling for you bro, that is the worst feeling in the world when it happens to a loved one! Tell her I wish her a speedy recovery! I hope this doesn't deter her from riding.

Now about a certain 4x4 driver...
guns.gif

Good to hear that she is ok! Did they catch the guy that hit her?

Back